The Student Room Group

best place to eat n shop in london

hey guys, since i will study in london soon, so i need some tips/adivce about where i can find the best place to eat (with reasonable price of course) n shop :smile:

Scroll to see replies

For me it's Covent Garden/Seven Dials. Can be expensive but there are also little cheap places too. Of course, also Chinatown.
McDonald's or Nandos in Oxford Street, and shopping at selfridges.
Where abouts in London are you going to study? Chinatown is great for all you can eat buffets. There's a great pizza place called ICCO, on Goodge Street near Tottenham Court Road, where you can eat pizzas from £3.95. It's a very studenty place. It's the cheapest place I can think of for pizza and it's really good quality too. Generally there's a lot of places in central London where you can eat for £10 and under. When it comes to food shopping, I recommend somewhere like ASDA. You can do a weekly food shop there for £10. For shopping in general, I'd say Westfield. They have two locations, one in Stratford and one in White City. You can go to the cinema there, clothes shop, food shop, buy gifts, etc. Anything else you want to know, just ask. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by NotJustAName
Where abouts in London are you going to study? Chinatown is great for all you can eat buffets. There's a great pizza place called ICCO, on Goodge Street near Tottenham Court Road, where you can eat pizzas from £3.95. It's a very studenty place. It's the cheapest place I can think of for pizza and it's really good quality too. Generally there's a lot of places in central London where you can eat for £10 and under. When it comes to food shopping, I recommend somewhere like ASDA. You can do a weekly food shop there for £10. For shopping in general, I'd say Westfield. They have two locations, one in Stratford and one in White City. You can go to the cinema there, clothes shop, food shop, buy gifts, etc. Anything else you want to know, just ask. :smile:

thz so much :smile:
i m going to lse :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Valyrian
McDonald's or Nandos in Oxford Street, and shopping at selfridges.

thank you :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Fingersmith
For me it's Covent Garden/Seven Dials. Can be expensive but there are also little cheap places too. Of course, also Chinatown.

thzzzz :biggrin:
Original post by yvette0225
thz so much :smile:
i m going to lse :biggrin:

Oh congrats! If you're going to LSE, you must be very smart. I'm glad I recommended you places within easy reach. :smile:
Reply 8
Oh congrats! If you're going to LSE, you must be very smart. I'm glad I recommended you places within easy reach. :smile:

hahaha, i dont think i m very smart tbh lol
n what about markets? i hv heard that there r many interesting markets there in london :smile:
Portobello Market (you might remember it from the film, Notting Hill) and Brick Lane - it's cool and hipster-ish there.
Borough Market is great.

An Italian restaurant called Vapiano is my favourite place to eat, located in Southwark :smile:
Reply 11
Portobello Market (you might remember it from the film, Notting Hill) and Brick Lane - it's cool and hipster-ish there.

ahhh! notting hill, haha no wonders :biggrin: thz
Reply 12
Original post by MrDystopia
Borough Market is great.

An Italian restaurant called Vapiano is my favourite place to eat, located in Southwark :smile:

coooool :biggrin: i will check this out :biggrin: thzzzz
Cafe Fiori in Leicester Square. The pastas and pizzas they make are insanely nice..and the cheesecakes are so delish too :3
Reply 14
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Cafe Fiori in Leicester Square. The pastas and pizzas they make are insanely nice..and the cheesecakes are so delish too :3

sounds nice!!! love pasta n cheesecakes (n of course other sweet things lol)
I recommend shopping from the comfort of your bedroom (online) and eating from your fridge
(edited 9 years ago)
Notting Hill in 20th of April is usually a good place
Some of my favourite restaurant picks in central. . .

Honest Burger or Patty & Bun for burgers
Flat Iron for steaks
Chicken Shop for chicken
Flesh & Buns for Japanese food
Original post by MrDystopia
Borough Market is great.

:yy:

Love it. Also Billingsgate if your into fish.
Bodeans!

Quick Reply

Latest