The Student Room Group

Got a Summer internship in London- what to do about accommodation?!

Hi guys,
just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation or has been in the same situation?
Please let me know what you are planning on doing and for anyone that has already had this problem let me know
Your best bet is to ask a friend if you can stay with them in London or if they know of anyone you can stay with. Maybe your parents know of someone you can stay with. Just put a message up on Facebook and see what you get. :smile:
Hi there,

Out of interest - is it paid or unpaid? Which industry?
Reply 3
There are many short let properties in London which you can easily find online in gumtree.com, spareroom.co.uk, etc. Just search in Google for short let accomodation. There are also private agencies and companies that rent properties for short terms. :smile:
Also try university halls - many open up over summer as ordinary accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in the same boat as you! Except I have to wait until my budget is declared. The British Council will pay for my accommodation in London but I don't know what they are setting as a base. Where are you interning?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't live too far, commute every day? That's what I'm doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's helpful if you can crash at a friend's whilst you are looking, but yes there are several websites you can use to find a room to rent pretty quickly from wherever in the country you are- as other users have mentioned. Done it so many times, let me know if you want more info.

I'd also be interested to know what it is too. Just applied for for yet another internship, but I have a good feeling about this one :daydreaming:
Hey, I feel like I'm spamming so sorry but I'm working in Manchester over summer but I go to LSE in London so my flat will be free basically from June to September. It might be an option if you are looking for somewhere to stay? It's really central in Angel (which is a beautiful and super safe part of London)… not super huge (but double bed and room for a desk,) which is hardly surprising for London anyway. I live with two other lovely, very clean, female students and currently pay £140 a week (which is a bargain seeing as you are so central.)

I think I could drop the price a bit and stuff and maybe I could show you around London before and stuff too, if that would help?

Message me or reply on here if you are! I'm just pretty broke at the moment etc and need to try and claw some rent back.

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending