The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Zoology with Animal Behavior Sept 2015

Hello there everyone!
I recently made Bangor my first choice for Zoology with animal behaviour after just falling completely in love with the whole area!
I was just wondering whether there was anyone else applying for the same course?
Would be lovely to get to know some students or even anyone who already studies at Bangor!
Would love some top tips and advice too, my student finance only just looks like its going to cover my accommodation costs haha :colondollar:
Well hopefully hear from you all soon,
Thanks for reading!
Jordan x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I've firmed Zoology with Conservation, so I suppose it'll still be very similar as a whole aside a few modules. Went to the applicant day on the 4th and loved it. Kinda bricking it now mind, made it more real. haha.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Zonnks
Hello there everyone!
I recently made Bangor my first choice for Zoology with animal behaviour after just falling completely in love with the whole area!
I was just wondering whether there was anyone else applying for the same course?
Would be lovely to get to know some students or even anyone who already studies at Bangor!
Would love some top tips and advice too, my student finance only just looks like its going to cover my accommodation costs haha :colondollar:
Well hopefully hear from you all soon,
Thanks for reading!
Jordan x

Hi there, I've also placed Zoology with Animal Behaviour as my firm choice at Bangor University :smile:
I'm going to study Zoology with Marine zoology there :smile:
I've just firmed plain Zoology but we'll see a lot of each other in first year from what I've understood - there are a lot of modules for Zoology, Biology and Ecology students to basically make sure they're all at the same point of lab work and all of that :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah, the first year is similar to the other courses and it becomes more specific on the second year.
Reply 6
Well hi everyone!
sorry about the late reply, just been enjoying the easter holidays! and thats great! so obviously theres going to be quite a few of us, it would be great to get to know a few of you before i start, really nervous now!
Im a little older too, il be turning 21 in October so does that make a difference or not really? x
Well I turned 21 in February so I hope it doesn't :biggrin:
I'm from Germany (small town north of Hamburg), finished my school last year in July (I did a gap year at a high school in the US in 2010/11) and have since been working a bit to afford student accommodation as I don't get student loans. I'm really interested in seeing what Zoology has to offer, it sounded awesome! I especially love big cats and wolves.
Maybe we could all introduce ourselves and later this year add which accommodation we're at? :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah that sounds great to me! and wow thats amazing, so you've been round the world quite a bit! and same, i love wolves myself! and yeah, luckily i get a loan but it over covers accommodation so i need to work for money for spends!
Its great to meet you though, zoology does look amazing, i can't wait to study it!
Jordan
Reply 9
Hey, I'm quite nervous myself, I'm only 17 so it's a big change. The zoology course looks really good!
I'm from England, but I lived in Spain for 8 years when I was younger :smile:
It'd be really nice to get to know some people doing a similar course.
Reply 10
Yeah its going to be a great course! and it will be scary , independence and all that hahaha, and wow, spain is a great country, my nan and grandad once owned a villa there and it was a gorgeous place!
At least we will get to know a few people on here! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to having to do everything for myself haha, but yeah it was really nice, especially the weather :wink:
Yeah that's true :smile:
It's not long until we will have to book for the accommodation, right? I read somewhere it should be in September.
Reply 12
I think we get emailed or contacted at the end of this month, thats when we sort it out i think, i have to go towards more budget cause my loans so low :frown: but oh well!! thats life! saving up now so il be fine!
Yeah I think we'll get an email in May to choose and then in July/August we get an email with the decision and our contract to then sign.
Well I'm definitely going for Reichel now so if you do, too, we might even end up in the same flat! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Okay, I thought it was something like that.
I'm not too sure on what dorms to actually choose, I've not really looked into it, but i think I'll get a good idea when the time comes :smile:
Reply 15
Oh I can't wait now! So excited! And yeah that would be really cool! I've just got to stay on a budget haha!
Do all new students get a free sports membership this year or is that with certain accommodation?
Apparently everyone gets free gym membership or something. Already got back what i'll be getting from student finance and it's an alright amount :biggrin: I'm glad there's some older people, i'm 21 also.
Reply 17
Yeah, it's new, you get to use the gym when staying at the dorms, which is really good, I went to an open day and they said it was worth £90's.
Same here I've been told what I'll be getting from my loan, its quite good, but I still would like to get a job while I'm there :smile:
Yea same. Although even now I couldn't see myself managing to work a job and do the coursework I do currently never mind 1st year at Uni :tongue:
Reply 19
Yeah that's true, I don't have a job now, but I still find it difficult to manage all the work I have now, but oh well it's worth the try :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest