The Student Room Group

Ever since I quit smoking I feel like I have nothing to look forward to?

Like I wakeup thinking "well I wont have a cig to enjoy in a min" I dont know what to do with myself throughout the day its getting to me now Ive been using nicorette spray.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

#FirstWorldProblems
dont say that when im planning to quit?!
How about you look forward to a life without lung cancer and early death?
Your perception of life must be very bland if you think that all there is to look forward to is to have a cigarette.
Set some goals in life, perhaps. What those will be will depend on your ambitions, enjoyments, etc.
Original post by Copperknickers

I agree, well said!
Reply 6
That's most likely because you're not over the addiction yet. Stick at it and things will get better/ easier.
you need to find something else to stick in your mouth, and something to keep your hands busy...

Thats the reason Ive quit also my girlfriend is pregnant so only right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the bear
you need to find something else to stick in your mouth, and something to keep your hands busy...

It would be easier if he was a girl or if he was gay.
Original post by BlackberryBoss
Thats the reason Ive quit also my girlfriend is pregnant so only right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exercise helps

The notion that smoking alone causes either of those things is woefully ignorant.

Original post by BlackberryBoss
x

Take up vaping instead :yy:
It's basically smoking v2, with none of the downsides (other than nicotine addiction, but if you're a regular smoker anyway then that's by the by) that smoking brings with it. Cheaper, you're still ingesting nicotine, and you're doing something with your hands.

One of the few problems with it is that it's real easy to chain it without even noticing, mainly due to the lovely flavours you can buy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Drunk Punx
The notion that smoking alone causes either of those things is woefully ignorant.

Take up vaping instead :yy:
It's basically smoking v2, with none of the downsides (other than nicotine addiction, but if you're a regular smoker anyway then that's by the by) that smoking brings with it. Cheaper, you're still ingesting nicotine, and you're doing something with your hands.

One of the few problems with it is that it's real easy to chain it without even noticing, mainly due to the lovely flavours you can buy.

Seconded on the vaping thing. Best quitting device ever. Actually works.
Original post by Drunk Punx

I have a battery with a puff counter on it to counteract this.

''Counter''act - geddit? I'm here all week....
Original post by frankieboy
I have a battery with a puff counter on it to counteract this.

''Counter''act - geddit? I'm here all week....

:lol:

I'll rep you for that (plus for the content on the other post) this evening when my daily limit lifts.
Original post by the bear

:sexface:
If your GF is pregnant you have raising a child to look forward to! That's pretty cool...
(edited 9 years ago)
Ah, cigarettes: the procrastinator's cyanide.
Reply 18
Put the money you save in a jar, you see it gradually building up then go on holiday or do something on your bucketlist or something you enjoy
Don't let it get to you, tackle the addiction. It's great news that you have given up smoking. People who start smoking annoy me. In this day and age we know the harmful affects of smoking but still some people decide to start smoking. Too much nativity everywhere. I feel sorry for the passive smokers who are made to suffer as a result of someone else's actions.

Quick Reply

Latest