The Student Room Group

Weird situation with girl (i'm a guy)

Gonna try and keep this as short as possible.........

Met girl at a festival...spent lots of the weekend together, quite cute stuff like holding hands etc. She pushed for sex. I was cool with that. Then I got to know her much better. Got attached. Went on 2 dates over summer hols. Text every now and then, used to be most days of the week, like 10-20 replies a day, now it's like 1-2 times a week (through my choice, don't wanna seem despo), sometimes flirty, usually not.

Now I'm at uni about 45 mins from home and have been for a while, just after the festival I said she's welcome up any time she wants. Invited her up a while back got turned down - "busy"...fast forward a few months and she invited herself up and asked if she can come up with a friend (she's in year 13, i'm 1st year uni, few months between us, her mum hasnt met me so her mum was only cool if her friend came too, naturally), made it clear she wanted to share the single bed with me...she did in the end. so we went out together (3 of us) and got with 1/2 guys but she was waaasted, obvs i dont mind about that, i'm not possessive about some girl....anyway really enjoyed her company, she said she had an amazing time etc.

now afterwards i have a slight feeling like she's using me to go out in a new place? came to a joint decision we should be friends because of the long distance stuff, she always tells me she thinks i'm "too hot" when she's drunk....whatever that means.

anyway i'm really into her and i wish we could have more than just a friendship, feels like one sided love. any advice for this situation????? :colondollar:

(in b4 friendzoned xxxxxxxxx)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"through my choice, don't wanna seem despo" what is that? you like her? you want to text her? then just text her. I personally hate it when guys do this because it takes so much effort to communicate and eventually I lose interest. what is the point in this?

why don't you start texting her more and maybe she will change her mind because why bother with someone who texts back 1-2 times a week.
Reply 2
I've been in a very similar place dude and take it from me, you don't want to chase something thats not really there.It seems to me like you two only every do things or chat in full when she is around you. If there is no real effort coming from her side of things she isn't interested like you are. Which is okay.Look man you're in your first year of uni and now is the time for you to find yourself and find people who you honestly connect with on all levels. If she is only every opening up and complimenting you when she is drunk and she gets with other chaps when she is drunk she doesn't know what she wants. I'm pretty sure you will right this off as me "not knowing the situation" and that's fair you're right I don't know the details but from what you have said she just doesn't seem into it. Who knows what might happen she may get into uni and move hours away, so if she thinks 45 minuets is long distance (Hmm) then will it work for anything over that?If YOU feel like it's one sided then it is. When you find someone worth the effort .. she will give you just as much effort back trust me. If you're still at a loss be totally blunt and upfront and ask her "will anything ever happen her as I'd like it too" She could say yes and then you work on it from there or if it's a "maybe" or an excuses then it doesn't look hopeful.Either way dude keep your chin up your uni life is just getting started and you have so much to look forward to.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Gonna try and keep this as short as possible.........

Met girl at a festival...spent lots of the weekend together, quite cute stuff like holding hands etc. She pushed for sex. I was cool with that. Then I got to know her much better. Got attached. Went on 2 dates over summer hols. Text every now and then, used to be most days of the week, like 10-20 replies a day, now it's like 1-2 times a week (through my choice, don't wanna seem despo), sometimes flirty, usually not.

Now I'm at uni about 45 mins from home and have been for a while, just after the festival I said she's welcome up any time she wants. Invited her up a while back got turned down - "busy"...fast forward a few months and she invited herself up and asked if she can come up with a friend (she's in year 13, i'm 1st year uni, few months between us, her mum hasnt met me so her mum was only cool if her friend came too, naturally), made it clear she wanted to share the single bed with me...she did in the end. so we went out together (3 of us) and got with 1/2 guys but she was waaasted, obvs i dont mind about that, i'm not possessive about some girl....anyway really enjoyed her company, she said she had an amazing time etc.

now afterwards i have a slight feeling like she's using me to go out in a new place? came to a joint decision we should be friends because of the long distance stuff, she always tells me she thinks i'm "too hot" when she's drunk....whatever that means.

anyway i'm really into her and i wish we could have more than just a friendship, feels like one sided love. any advice for this situation????? :colondollar:

(in b4 friendzoned xxxxxxxxx)

Smash when she's drunk?
Reply 4
Im sorry dude, if a girl pushing for sex there is usually a reason (usually attention or an attempt to comfort feelings, just my experience and two cents) if I were you I wouldn't push what might not be there dating can be very messy to say the least. I would leave her to it and if she makes the effort to contact you then you know you have something proper : ) after all, wouldn't you in the same position if you cared? Wouldnt you also not contact the person if you didn't care and it was a selfish act to get back in the swing of dating and boost your self esteem? Maybe just take a step back and observe whats happening because I have been drawn in way too far before and it hurts like a b****. Either way you will learn from it so good luck and keep your head up!
(edited 9 years ago)
Sounds like she's entering the stage where she thinks you no longer like her that way. Should've texted her more often and tried to get with her when she visited you, mate. Also 45 minutes isn't really long distance, that's the kind of drive/train you can make each weekend and have it barely scratch your bank account! So yeah basically, you didn't give her enough attention then started making not particularly great excuses, you could try to remedy it but honestly it sounds like it's been the best part of a year since you had your chance so don't get your hopes up.
Reply 6
Original post by tinshed
"through my choice, don't wanna seem despo" what is that? you like her? you want to text her? then just text her. I personally hate it when guys do this because it takes so much effort to communicate and eventually I lose interest. what is the point in this?

why don't you start texting her more and maybe she will change her mind because why bother with someone who texts back 1-2 times a week.

because she will always ignore my last reply if she doesn't read it until the next day, so if i then text another message a day later, i just feel like i'm desperate for a response, when in secret i probably am, but its not the vibe i want to give off, if i could text more without the shame and stigma attached, i would
She got with 1/2 guys as in?.. She kissed them or what? I mean you guys aren't together or anything, I get that. If there is a slight chance she knows you are interested, is this normal behavior? This has been going on since the summer, are you waiting for next summer or something? Don't play silly games, if you like her text her. Make it clear that you are interested before she decided to regularly visit yours and does her own thing.
Reply 8
Original post by Ff_Mills
I've been in a very similar place dude and take it from me, you don't want to chase something thats not really there.It seems to me like you two only every do things or chat in full when she is around you. If there is no real effort coming from her side of things she isn't interested like you are. Which is okay.Look man you're in your first year of uni and now is the time for you to find yourself and find people who you honestly connect with on all levels. If she is only every opening up and complimenting you when she is drunk and she gets with other chaps when she is drunk she doesn't know what she wants. I'm pretty sure you will right this off as me "not knowing the situation" and that's fair you're right I don't know the details but from what you have said she just doesn't seem into it. Who knows what might happen she may get into uni and move hours away, so if she thinks 45 minuets is long distance (Hmm) then will it work for anything over that?If YOU feel like it's one sided then it is. When you find someone worth the effort .. she will give you just as much effort back trust me. If you're still at a loss be totally blunt and upfront and ask her "will anything ever happen her as I'd like it too" She could say yes and then you work on it from there or if it's a "maybe" or an excuses then it doesn't look hopeful.Either way dude keep your chin up your uni life is just getting started and you have so much to look forward to.

cheers, this is excellent advice, exactly what i'm looking for.... the only reason i still revert back to her is because in the whole of uni nobody is more 'my type' in terms of personality :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by cbooth5
Im sorry dude, if a girl pushing for sex there is usually a reason (usually attention or an attempt to comfort feelings, just my experience and two cents) if I were you I wouldn't push what might not be there dating can be very messy to say the least. I would leave her to it and if she makes the effort to contact you then you know you have something proper : ) after all, wouldn't you in the same position if you cared? Wouldnt you also not contact the person if you didn't care and it was a selfish act to get back in the swing of dating and boost your self esteem? Maybe just take a step back and observe whats happening because I have been drawn in way too far before and it hurts like a b****. Either way you will learn from it so good luck and keep your head up!

She only pushed for it when we first met really. I don't really want to force myself upon her....defo gonna take a step back like you said, thanks for the advice.

Original post by Helloworld_95
Sounds like she's entering the stage where she thinks you no longer like her that way. Should've texted her more often and tried to get with her when she visited you, mate. Also 45 minutes isn't really long distance, that's the kind of drive/train you can make each weekend and have it barely scratch your bank account! So yeah basically, you didn't give her enough attention then started making not particularly great excuses, you could try to remedy it but honestly it sounds like it's been the best part of a year since you had your chance so don't get your hopes up.

If anything I feel like she's gone off me / doesn't like me. She often ignores my last text replies and then expects me to start the conversation again days later after she's deliberately not kept the convo flowing. Defo not getting my hopes up haha, thanks

Original post by phunky_fresh
She got with 1/2 guys as in?.. She kissed them or what? I mean you guys aren't together or anything, I get that. If there is a slight chance she knows you are interested, is this normal behavior? This has been going on since the summer, are you waiting for next summer or something? Don't play silly games, if you like her text her. Make it clear that you are interested before she decided to regularly visit yours and does her own thing.

Just kissed, she always says drunk kisses mean nothing to her. I feel the same way. She said I was only the 2nd person she had sex with, which I don't believe, but she claimed I was different and all this when we first met and I think she's gone off me
Reply 10
She got with 1/2 guys wtf if she's interested in you why would she do that? Also she wants sex with you really bad, she's just a ho i'd never make a tramp like that my gf.
Odd question, which festival was this?
Original post by BeEasy23
She got with 1/2 guys wtf if she's interested in you why would she do that? Also she wants sex with you really bad, she's just a ho i'd never make a tramp like that my gf.

Well firstly she was drunk, and I don't think she is interested tbh....you are very ignorant if you call girls hoes because they kissed someone when they were drunk....no different to me kissing girls on a night out
Odd question, which festival was this?

pm me
Reply 14
Just kissed, she always says drunk kisses mean nothing to her. I feel the same way. She said I was only the 2nd person she had sex with, which I don't believe, but she claimed I was different and all this when we first met and I think she's gone off me

So let's say you get into a relationship with this girl, you now know the type of person she is and no doubt she's gonna kiss more men when she's drunk cos that's the type of person she is, are you gonna be ok with that? I'd never get involved with a girl like that, i'd make her a fwb and continue on the lookout for more poontang.
Reply 15
Well firstly she was drunk, and I don't think she is interested tbh....you are very ignorant if you call girls hoes because they kissed someone when they were drunk....no different to me kissing girls on a night out
I thought you meant had sex with 2 guys but ok not quite ho status but still loose, you gotta have standards bruv that girl would only qualify to me as fck buddy status.
Original post by BeEasy23
So let's say you get into a relationship with this girl, you now know the type of person she is and no doubt she's gonna kiss more men when she's drunk cos that's the type of person she is, are you gonna be ok with that? I'd never get involved with a girl like that, i'd make her a fwb and continue on the lookout for more poontang.

well, i'm not really fussed much about that, quite relaxed as a person, i'd probably rather have a fwb kind of relationship anyway because of the distance and i prefer that kind of relationship, fewer constraints
pm me

Okay as your anon you'll have to pm me :P
Reply 18
well, i'm not really fussed much about that, quite relaxed as a person, i'd probably rather have a fwb kind of relationship anyway because of the distance and i prefer that kind of relationship, fewer constraints
Cool but you need to be clear with her from the offset so she doesn't think theres anything more, go get that poontang bruv and enjoy. :wink:
because she will always ignore my last reply if she doesn't read it until the next day, so if i then text another message a day later, i just feel like i'm desperate for a response, when in secret i probably am, but its not the vibe i want to give off, if i could text more without the shame and stigma attached, i would

just text more and stop worrying about it. I had a guy write to me repeatedly in one day because I wasn't replying. sometimes I wasn't replying for several days even though I had seen his messages. this was because I was busy. and by busy I mean I would look at my phone, see the message, open it and I would had to go back out of my room before reading it to the end. and when I had a moment to sit down and reply I would explain that I am busy and I will send a proper response once I have a minute and I always did. and if he hadn't been messaging me I would have forgotten to reply at all. so it has nothing to do with you appearing desperate it just shows you are thinking of her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending