The Student Room Group

Want to drop out of Sixth form.

Hey, I'm currently doing A2 photography & AS art Alevels. I liked them both at the start of this year, but i've grown super tired and bored of both my subjects. I feel like i've hit a wall sprinting. I've already applied & interviewed & successfully got into a foundation course at college.

However I want to stop my Alevel course now as I no longer enjoy them as it's grown into a routine of the same thing day in day out & i don't feel as though i'm getting any new information, techniques or resources from the courses at my school sixth form now.

But i'm really concerned that if I drop out of my courses my place at college might be rethinker and taken away from me? Has anyone else having this issues or been through this, it's causing me a lot of unneeded stress & really needing some advice on what to do.
Ah, it's a shame you feel this way. Creative subjects can be very emotionally taxing.

Firstly, I would speak to your sixth form about how you're feeling. If you feel like no resolution is coming to light, then speak to your college for next year to see what they say about completing this year - you might be able to come to a compromise, and just complete one of your courses, or they might just be happy for you to straight drop out.

Quick Reply

Latest