The Student Room Group

My family wont accept my sexuality and my dad wishes i was dead. what should i do?

Im at rock bottom, not stopping crying today, my dad said I need hanging. I have no where to go, no money, I have 4 months left of my uni course, very little money. Im in a desperate situation, I feel hopeless
You can put a hold on your course. you will manage on very little money. The issue is the people who you trusted have been found out not to be trustworthy when it comes to the real issue of parenting, caring for you child emotional needs when they need you most.Seek immediate help through your educational place or within your healthcare trust.Use cyber space but start the ball rolling by getting an appointment with a qualified professional face to face.

You are still the child your parentslove and they will accept you in their own funny way even if they dont admit it.

Parents fail by assuming their child will be the part of them that has failed.Your parents are not your responsibility.

Most parents in this world fail their children at this juncture.You are not alone.

When you are ready write them a short honest letter with love. pointing out that you really needed a hug at that point but if they cant give you one you hope one day they will. Or some thing to that effect.It emphasises that you are still their same loving child and it is their prejudice which is responible for their anger.
Really sorry your parents have reacted badly. Your university should have (emergency) hardship funds to help you finish your course, especially as you're so near the end. Surround yourself with good friends and investigate all the financial help options your uni can give you. You will hopefully be pleasantly surprised at how many people will wish you well and want to help you achieve your degree.

Hang on in there! :hugs:
Excellent information regards the hardship fund.
Could you predict this sort of outcome? I don't understand why you would come out if you knew that would happen.
Acceptance from your parents/carers is ultimately impotant.

It is the lynchpin for your confidence. After all they chose to have you and keep you. No one else did.

It is irrelevant whether he gauged their response. It was about him trusting the people he should be able to trust. He didnt say "I've just murdered some one" for heavens sake. He was revealing something sensitive . They reacted badly. The problem is their response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending