The Student Room Group

Adam Johnson arrested after alleged sexual contact with 15 year old girl

So we've, mostly, all seen the news that Adam Johnson has been arrested after allegedly being in sexual contact with a 15 year old girl. I don't know whether this is intercourse, or oral.

Anyway ... isn't Johnson's only defence "She was in a 18+ club, she told me she was 18 ... I had no idea"?

Is this going to be enough to let her off?

I don't understand why anyone should be called a rapist or paedo if 1) They were deceived 2) they had no intention of raping a girl.

I know this is only speculation, but I do think Johnson's been hard done here.

Scroll to see replies

He hasn't been charged. End of thread.
Original post by Dodgypirate
So we've, mostly, all seen the news that Adam Johnson has been arrested after allegedly being in sexual contact with a 15 year old girl. I don't know whether this is intercourse, or oral.

Anyway ... isn't Johnson's only defence "She was in a 18+ club, she told me she was 18 ... I had no idea"?

I don't understand why anyone should be called a rapist or paedo if 1) They were deceived 2) they had no intention of raping a girl.

This should be an absolute fullproof defence for any such charge when the accuser is in a situation when the girl you're getting off with can't reasonably be expected to be <16 (ie, at a club).
Reply 3
Original post by Kemosabe99
He hasn't been charged. End of thread.

Original post by Gott
Ah... but has he?

No, end of thread it is

Sorry for the misleading title ... He has allegedly been arrested after he was accused of indecent act with a 15 year old.
Original post by KingStannis
This should be an absolute fullproof defence for any such charge when the accuser is in a situation when the girl you're getting off with can't reasonably be expected to be <16 (ie, at a club).

I agree with this to be honest. Only other way would be to routinely ask for ID of every single person you sleep with, what a mood killer.
Reply 5
Original post by KingStannis

I do blame the club for letting her in ... since it's their responsibility. But the girl seems to be getting off with nothing when she has deceived the poor guy.
He learnt it off the Rotherham, Oxford & Rochdale sex gangs.

If the court accepts that her being in a club was a good enough reason to believe she was over 15, then he should be able to get off the charge.

Relevant law here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/9
Reply 8
Original post by Fizzel
A married 27 year old father has little business being involved with a girl of questionable age. He's put himself in a risky situation he doesn't belong in.

Another question is why have you assumed he wasn't fully aware she was 15 years old? How has he been hard done by if he knowingly had sex with a 15 year old? Do have anything to suggest he has been deceived or misled?

There's no proof he did or didn't know he was having sex with a 15 year - and beside that, I haven't read anywhere he had sex with her.

It's all too often the case that young girls get into clubs with fake IDs (actually guys and girls), so these things can happen.

The only wrong thing he has done is cheated, as far as I'm concerned and until he is found out to have committed something. Innocent till proven guilty.
Reply 9
We all know this happens far more often than the media let on and it just so happens that this particular case has a spotlight in the media at the moment because of Johnson's profession. It's quite sad really. Of course, there could be a lot more to the story and I'm not sure we should really jump to the conclusion that the girl is in the wrong.

However, IF that does turn out to be the case and she was in a club, acting 18+ and lying about her age (because let's be honest, teenage girls are naive). Imagine telling your 15-year-old girl friends at school that you slept with a 27-year-old premier league footballer... you'd be idolised by them, right? I would say that this would suffice as enough evidence in his favour but I'm not sure how his career will be affected after this investigation. You've just gotta look at the case with Ched Evans for that.

I think it is grossly unfair that people are throwing the "paedophile" label around like Adam Johnson could even be tarred with that brush, should he be found guilty. This does not make him a paedophile at all. Paedophiles express a sexual attraction to prepubescent minors. This is just a case of under-age sex.
Original post by Fizzel
Are you trolling? He's been arrested on suspicion of doing so, after she claimed they had a relationship on twitter. The entire arrest is based on sex having occurred or a reasonable level of suspicion it might have.

Why is a club being mentioned? She claimed they had a relationship and they are claimed to have had multiple pictures together. I'm ask why are you suggesting there is a lack of knowledge or he has been deceived?

It wasn't the innocent till proven that I'm questioning, its what basis you have to suggest some form of deception? Its a slant you've added, what is it based on?

I think you need a little read up of it. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/adam-johnson-arrested-after-15yearold-girl-who-he-is-alleged-to-have-had-sex-with-boasted-about-a-relationship-with-him-10084105.html

Everything is being 'alleged' ... FOR THE MOMENT, everything is pointing to a stupid, naive 15 year old girl and her 10 minutes of celebrity.
I've not been following this story (I only heard about it yesterday), but based on the information in the OP, it wouldn't be right to charge him. Technically, she was in the wrong if she was in an 18+ club and she lied about her age. But, he's a celebrity, this type of behaviour shouldn't go unpunished, yada yada yada.

Seriously, this is why clubs and such should be stricter when letting people in. Everyone inside an 18+ club should be just that. Everyone inside that club assumes that everyone else inside the club is 18+. If little girls start bringing fake IDs, they're gonna have sex with someone or whatever and then their parents will find out, or they'll get pregnant, or they'll cry wolf and that's it. That's that poor guy's life ruined, just because some silly teenagers wanted to act all grown up.
Original post by crozibear96
I've not been following this story (I only heard about it yesterday), but based on the information in the OP, it wouldn't be right to charge him. Technically, she was in the wrong if she was in an 18+ club and she lied about her age. But, he's a celebrity, this type of behaviour shouldn't go unpunished, yada yada yada.

Seriously, this is why clubs and such should be stricter when letting people in. Everyone inside an 18+ club should be just that. Everyone inside that club assumes that everyone else inside the club is 18+. If little girls start bringing fake IDs, they're gonna have sex with someone or whatever and then their parents will find out, or they'll get pregnant, or they'll cry wolf and that's it. That's that poor guy's life ruined, just because some silly teenagers wanted to act all grown up.

there is no club though?!?!

The OP is hypothetically making up a situation which is pure specualtion. As it is it could quite easily be a girl making it up completely (im not saying it is mind)

Their has been no charge, all that has happend is he has been questioned under caution.
Original post by Fizzel
The only mention of club in that article is referencing the footballing type. So where did a nightclub come from? You mentioned it, I asked where it came from? Where did any reference to deception come from?

complete speculation by the OP.
Original post by SophieSmall
I agree with this to be honest. Only other way would be to routinely ask for ID of every single person you sleep with, what a mood killer.

She only gave him oral, not intercourse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kemosabe99
there is no club though?!?!

The OP is hypothetically making up a situation which is pure specualtion. As it is it could quite easily be a girl making it up completely (im not saying it is mind)

Their has been no charge, all that has happend is he has been questioned under caution.

Like I said, I haven't been following the story. Like, I literally know nothing about it besides the fact that he allegedly had sex with the 15 year old. The 15 year old could be a guy for all I know. I was speaking hypothetically.
Original post by coconuthead--
She only gave him oral, not intercourse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Allegedly, She might have actually never met him.

The Studentroom mods would probably be best shutting down this thread before someone gets a liable case on their hands.
According to social media, she was 'showing off' that she was in a relationship with him ... so it's very plausible.

Lol social media makes things plausible now?

Jog on
Original post by crozibear96
Like I said, I haven't been following the story. Like, I literally know nothing about it besides the fact that he allegedly had sex with the 15 year old. The 15 year old could be a guy for all I know. I was speaking hypothetically.

I apologize for coming across how i did!

its just he plays for my football team and I have already had shouts/ chants of supporting a "peado club" ect... at the football last night and expect it to continue so its quite an emotive subject for me!

Its quite possible the girl in question has never actually met him. However if she did and the stuff on twitter and the allegations are true they didnt meet in a club it was a relationship, which really cancels out any defence of him not knowing her age.

As for the whole club thing, I think I read that their is something in the law about that, not really sure though
Original post by bittr n swt
Lol social media makes things plausible now?

Jog on

Calm yo tits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending