The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

No friends at uni

Hi,

Does anyone here commutes and made friends at uni because I haven't made any :frown: and my 1st year is almost up, I did make quite a few acquaintance in class and stuff and I have joined 2 societies but still made no friends

By now everyone have gotten into their little friendships group, I'm really depressed right now and spend all my breaks by myself
Not everyone makes friends at uni straight away. I'd say joining societies (be a proactive member) and going to events is the way forward.

Sticking around campus for longer also helps. Don't be disheartened if you don't feel part of a group yet, a couple of good friends is better than having loads.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Yellow Sonic
Not everyone makes friends at uni straight away. I'd say joining societies (be a proactive member) and going to events is the way forward.

Sticking around campus for longer also helps. Don't be disheartened if you don't feel part of a group yet, a couple of good friends is better than having loads.

Well I’m a member of 2 societies and plan on running for member of the committee and I do stay late during these meetings but thing is all the social aspect of the societies is at the socials which I can't go

Is there a chance to make friends in 2nd year or will that be more hard due to everyone having their friendships group?
Original post by Ryoken
Well I’m a member of 2 societies and plan on running for member of the committee and I do stay late during these meetings but thing is all the social aspect of the societies is at the socials which I can't go

Is there a chance to make friends in 2nd year or will that be more hard due to everyone having their friendships group?

There is definitely a chance, and i recall many people making new friends in second year! don't limit yourself. Just carry on being proactive and introducing yourself to knew people.
Reply 4
Original post by Yellow Sonic
There is definitely a chance, and i recall many people making new friends in second year! don't limit yourself. Just carry on being proactive and introducing yourself to knew people.

So How did these people make friends in thier 2nd year?
I'm having the same problem
I'm a January starter and still can't find friends 😞
We can be friends if you like to 😊
Noo jhow do you even make friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Ryoken
Hi,

Does anyone here commutes and made friends at uni because I haven't made any :frown: and my 1st year is almost up, I did make quite a few acquaintance in class and stuff and I have joined 2 societies but still made no friends

By now everyone have gotten into their little friendships group, I'm really depressed right now and spend all my breaks by myself

Hi Ryoken,

What department are you in? Have you thought about getting involved in any of the extra-curricular stuff within the department? Might give you more of a chance to get to know people, on other courses but in similar areas. Not everyone makes friends straight away, this is completely normal, and my friendship groups changed a lot throughout university, as my course had a lot of group work, plus optional modules in second year, which meant changing who I was spending most of my time with quite frequently! Don't panic, you sound like you're doing fine.
Where do you commute to? There are trains and buses running fairly late so you should be able to at least show your face at a social even if you can't stick around all night!

But as I say, don't worry, things change all the time at university, but getting involved in as much as you can is a sure fire way to meet lots of new people quickly!

- Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending