The Student Room Group

JD Wetherspoons uniform, help!!

Hey there, I start working part-time at a local JD Wetherspoons this Friday. I was told that my uniform (which I have to buy) is a white shirt, black waistcoat, black trousers/skirt and black shoes... I have the shoes, but where is the best place to buy the rest? I have no idea where I can find a waistcoat:confused:!!

Thanks for any help:smile:.
Original post by pennyworby
Hey there, I start working part-time at a local JD Wetherspoons this Friday. I was told that my uniform (which I have to buy) is a white shirt, black waistcoat, black trousers/skirt and black shoes... I have the shoes, but where is the best place to buy the rest? I have no idea where I can find a waistcoat:confused:!!

What days and how was the interview? I would love to work there tbh :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by elmosandy
What days and how was the interview? I would love to work there tbh :biggrin:

They haven't told me all the days I will work yet, but my first, and only shift this week is on Friday 6pm-10pm, so it's nice and easy:-). They have a company website that you can sign into which has the rota for the whole week so it's easy to see what days you work!

The interview was fine, my interviewer was really nice and made me feel welcome. I was asked questions about what I knew about the company, so it's good to learn some minor details! I'm looking forward to it though :-D
They haven't told me all the days I will work yet, but my first, and only shift this week is on Friday 6pm-10pm, so it's nice and easy:-). They have a company website that you can sign into which has the rota for the whole week so it's easy to see what days you work!

The interview was fine, my interviewer was really nice and made me feel welcome. I was asked questions about what I knew about the company, so it's good to learn some minor details! I'm looking forward to it though :-D

How old are you?:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by elmosandy
How old are you?:smile:

18, so I'm working part-time behind the bar & occasionally on the floor if it's busy I think :-)
You have to buy it yourself? Are you sure? I had to buy my own shoes and trousers (got mine at Asda) but I was given two black shirts and an apron when I started. Which to be fair makes more sense as you'll notice these on people more and then everyone is the same. You could easily go out and buy different styles of white/black shirts.
Yeah Next or ASDA, could always ask wetherspoons where to get it. They should know!
Reply 7
Original post by SirMasterKey
You have to buy it yourself? Are you sure? I had to buy my own shoes and trousers (got mine at Asda) but I was given two black shirts and an apron when I started. Which to be fair makes more sense as you'll notice these on people more and then everyone is the same. You could easily go out and buy different styles of white/black shirts.

Yeah, the uniform at the branch I work at give you an apron, but other than that I had to get a white shirt and black waistcoast! Found them in the end though luckily, H&M and Next worked a charm:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by earthworm
Yeah Next or ASDA, could always ask wetherspoons where to get it. They should know!

Thank you, I went to Next and H&M in the end and found everything I needed!:biggrin:
Original post by SirMasterKey

Unless it's a logoed uniform it's pretty common to buy work clothes yourself.
Reply 10

Primark I also work in weatherspoons

Sure this is illegal. They have to pay for it no?

Could be mistaken, thought there was a news story about this though.
(edited 5 years ago)
I would expect that she has purchased her uniform by now and is most likely no longer even working there as this thread is 4 years old. It certainly isn't illegal to require employees to dress in a certain way and purchase their own clothing (especially when it is items as generic as a white shirt).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending