The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No. She is a nutter.
No. If you are married (or with someone) you should be able to trust each other. It doesn't matter about the gender of friends, if you are with each other then you obviously want to be together. If not and you have a wondering eye then have a good think about whether you want to be in the relationship or not. The only reason I can see why someone wouldn't their other half to be friends with the opposite sex (or same sex in some cases) is because they are insecure themselves, or if their partner has previously been unfaithful and they have serious trust issues.
Reply 3
No, that is moronic. I have female friends for much the same reason I have male friends; I enjoy their company. There is absolutely no need to analyse it any more than that.
... and if you are seriously insecure or have major trust issues with your partner then it is not a healthy relationship. Let people be friends with whoever they want to be friends with, you cannot control another person's life like that just because you're in a relationship.
You have issues if you don't trust your partner to be friends with someone of the opposite sex.
Reply 6
Original post by DiddyDec
No. She is a nutter.

Original post by CherryWine
No. If you are married (or with someone) you should be able to trust each other. It doesn't matter about the gender of friends, if you are with each other then you obviously want to be together. If not and you have a wondering eye then have a good think about whether you want to be in the relationship or not. The only reason I can see why someone wouldn't their other half to be friends with the opposite sex (or same sex in some cases) is because they are insecure themselves, or if their partner has previously been unfaithful and they have serious trust issues.

Original post by lucaf
No, that is moronic. I have female friends for much the same reason I have male friends; I enjoy their company. There is absolutely no need to analyse it any more than that.

... and if you are seriously insecure or have major trust issues with your partner then it is not a healthy relationship. Let people be friends with whoever they want to be friends with, you cannot control another person's life like that just because you're in a relationship.

Original post by OU Student
You have issues if you don't trust your partner to be friends with someone of the opposite sex.

I think she has a point. 42% of black women in America have never been married and divorce rates are very high. She is just trying to not to lose her husband and become another stereotypical single mother.
Original post by al_94
I think she has a point. 42% of black women in America have never been married and divorce rates are very high. She is just trying to not to lose her husband and become another stereotypical single black mother.

Why would she lose her husband if he has female friends? If she married him, then surely she must trust him? And if he married her then he is obviously serious about their relationship. If he does stray, then she is better off without him anyway as he obviously doesn't value her the way he should. Marriage/relationships shouldn't be about removing chunks of peoples lives just in case something happens.
Reply 8
Original post by al_94
I think she has a point. 42% of black women in America have never been married and divorce rates are very high. She is just trying to not to lose her husband and become another stereotypical single black mother.

If they can't trust each other enough to have friends of the opposite sex, it is not a marriage worth saving.
Reply 9
Women cheat anyway no matter what, it's that hypergamy in them.
Reply 10
Why would she lose her husband if he has female friends? If she married him, then surely she must trust him? And if he married her then he is obviously serious about their relationship. If he does stray, then she is better off without him anyway as he obviously doesn't value her the way he should. Marriage/relationships shouldn't be about removing chunks of peoples lives just in case something happens.

Original post by lucaf
If they can't trust each other enough to have friends of the opposite sex, it is not a marriage worth saving.

The reality is people cheat even if you trust it doesn't mean they won't do it. I think she is trying to stop him from being tempted by the opposite sex.
Reply 11
Original post by al_94
The reality is people cheat even if you trust it doesn't mean they won't do it. I think she is trying to stop him from being tempted by the opposite sex.

And she is doing it in a simply idiotic manner. Granted people do sometimes cheat, but if you try to prevent it by not letting them have friends of the opposite sex then either you are irrationally paranoid or they are ridiculously untrustworthy. Either way, the relationship is toxic.
Original post by al_94

You can't stop people from being friends with other people though, and if the situation did occur where the friendship started to develop into something more then the married party should end the friendship and honour his/her marriage.
IMO, the inability of someone to have close friends of the opposite sex is immaturity.

I really think that by your 20's, you should be able to maintain a relationship with someone without bringing sex into it. That also includes people that you have feelings for.
She mentions the bible near the end, not shocked, I'd like to think secular people in this country have more advanced views than this.
I don't let my fiance have guy friends. Not because I don't trust her, but because I don't trust them.
You're a simp/cuck if you let your girl be friends with whomever she wants. There needs to be some level of control.
Original post by Joel 96
I don't let my fiance have guy friends. Not because I don't trust her, but because I don't trust them.
You're a simp/cuck if you let your girl be friends with whomever she wants. There needs to be some level of control.

People who use simp and cuck unironically are the kind of people I wouldn’t take advice from.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Joel 96

Any relationship with u is a toxic relationship, u controlling twat. Grow a brain.

If u trust her then u don't need to trust them. They can't force her to cheat on u. Ffs let people be friends with whoever they want. Who in their right mind would sacrifice friendships just to be in a relationship with an idiot with trust issues? Not me that's for sure.
Original post by TheStarboy
People who use simp and duck unironically are the kind of people I wouldn’t take advice from.

Men putting pussy on a pedestal is a real phenomenon. Simp is an overused term in many contexts, but letting your gf/wife have guy friends is definitely simp-level cuckery. Guys who can't control their women don't deserve to have them, and that's why they get cheated on in the first place.

Original post by A_J_T
Any relationship with u is a toxic relationship, u controlling twat. Grow a brain.

If u trust her then u don't need to trust them. They can't force her to cheat on u. Ffs let people be friends with whoever they want. Who in their right mind would sacrifice friendships just to be in a relationship with an idiot with trust issues? Not me that's for sure.

Yeah, I'm controlling when it comes to potential threats to my relationship, and my girl appreciates that - and actually loves it. There's nothing wrong with making boundaries in a relationship, twat.

There are plenty of reasons why I don't want my fiance hanging around other guys. I know she's safe if she's not with other dudes. I also don't have to worry or get anxious (let's face it, every guy gets anxiety about getting cheated on, even with trust being high), so I live stress-free.

Well, she clearly picked this idiot to be with and it's working great, so thanks for your overly-aggressive concern, simp.
Reply 19
Original post by Joel 96
Men putting pussy on a pedestal is a real phenomenon. Simp is an overused term in many contexts, but letting your gf/wife have guy friends is definitely simp-level cuckery. Guys who can't control their women don't deserve to have them, and that's why they get cheated on in the first place.

Yeah, I'm controlling when it comes to potential threats to my relationship, and my girl appreciates that - and actually loves it. There's nothing wrong with making boundaries in a relationship, twat.

There are plenty of reasons why I don't want my fiance hanging around other guys. I know she's safe if she's not with other dudes. I also don't have to worry or get anxious (let's face it, every guy gets anxiety about getting cheated on, even with trust being high), so I live stress-free.

Well, she clearly picked this idiot to be with and it's working great, so thanks for your overly-aggressive concern, simp.

If she has to avoid making certain friends because u wouldn't like it, she's better off without u. Even if she's happy, that doesn't mean the relationship isn't unhealthy.

Latest

Trending

Trending