The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by elMac
Sure, I'll let you know how it goes! I was a bit surprised at the invite, but he said they'd had a last minute cancellation....so, I thought I might as well get it over with without the weeks of worrying about it.
Where else are you interviewing?

bucks in march... I Have `x offer drom kingston atm yourself?
Reply 741
Just got an interview for Nottingham in march, has anyone had an interview for there before?
Original post by shaque43883
Congratulations, i have an interview the same day as you at Bradford for Adult Nursing. what times yours at?

i just got a letter today inviting me to an interview at hudds on 14th Feb! Lol good luck with yours and pls let me know how it goes? had my bradford one today was very nervous but went well i think. how was yours? x :smile:
Reply 743
i just got a letter today inviting me to an interview at hudds on 14th Feb! Lol good luck with yours and pls let me know how it goes? had my bradford one today was very nervous but went well i think. how was yours? x :smile:

Oh thats good yay you! :smile: I will do, if not remind me. Yeah I came out thinking I shouldve mentioned this and that but I dont think it was too bad-wasnt expecting a literacy test as it wasn't mentioned on the letter but hey ho....they said we'll hear by the end of Feb if not earlier.
Fingers crossed for both of us :smile:
Original post by rachbiom
Is your interview for child branch? I was there on 12th Jan. Maths and literacy are fine, not too difficult... i cant remember what the question was that we had to answer though. You have to get 7/10 in maths and 22/25 in literacy to get through to the 1-1 interview session. They ask about 11 questions, nothing too tricky if i remember rightly.

I really enjoyed the interview day, the bit where you wait to see if you get into the 1-1 interviews is nerve racking though :smile:

You have to wait til end of march to find out if you got a place :frown:

oooh yess it's child's branch... i'm not too worried i'm just scared i'll get nervous kos i always do :frown: but u make it sound okk so fingers crossed i'lll be fine :smile:
Original post by aminah_91
Oh thats good yay you! :smile: I will do, if not remind me. Yeah I came out thinking I shouldve mentioned this and that but I dont think it was too bad-wasnt expecting a literacy test as it wasn't mentioned on the letter but hey ho....they said we'll hear by the end of Feb if not earlier.
Fingers crossed for both of us :smile:

Awwww thankyou!!!! Mine was really competitive though people just kept speaking over eachother it was propa mad lol. Good luck for huddersfield!!! Wish you all the best xxxxx
Reply 746
Original post by vikitorious
oooh yess it's child's branch... i'm not too worried i'm just scared i'll get nervous kos i always do :frown: but u make it sound okk so fingers crossed i'lll be fine :smile:

Good luck! I really wanna go to northampton, got a really good feeling about the place
Reply 747
Original post by kgraham
Just got an interview for Nottingham in march, has anyone had an interview for there before?

Well done! Just out of curiosity when did you apply? I applied 2 days late, so not expecting to hear that soon, but trying to work out when I might find something out. It's horrible playing the waiting game.
Reply 748
I have an interview tomorrow for child nursing at teesside university, is anyone else going?
Reply 749
Original post by starpanda
Well done! Just out of curiosity when did you apply? I applied 2 days late, so not expecting to hear that soon, but trying to work out when I might find something out. It's horrible playing the waiting game.

I applied in October, I'm sure you will hear something soon
Reply 750
Got into Manchester University, was accepted day after interview for Adult Nursing! :smile: xxx
Reply 751
Awwww thankyou!!!! Mine was really competitive though people just kept speaking over eachother it was propa mad lol. Good luck for huddersfield!!! Wish you all the best xxxxx

Oh dear lol as long you managed to get your point in there at some point.
Thank you :smile: and let me know if you hear anything
Reply 752
Original post by MoonFlower
Heyy, got a conditional offer from Leeds :biggrin:.
The conditions are that my second references are satisfactory and my CBR/health checks come back clear. Was just wondering if anybody knows when this gets done as it was December when i got the offer. Do the uni send you forms to fill in for the CBR/health or does nothing happen until you accept them as your choice?

well done on the offer :smile: ive got an interview at leeds in a few weeks, please could you give me some advice? what was it like, what did they ask?etc. thanks
Original post by Leah.94

Original post by Leah.94
well done on the offer :smile: ive got an interview at leeds in a few weeks, please could you give me some advice? what was it like, what did they ask?etc. thanks

Heyy, its a really nice interview. They give you so much information. To start with they do a presentation for you about the course. Then they split the group in half and one half go do the maths test while the other does a group activity. For the group activity you are further split into groups of 4 and sat on a table to do a mind map about topics they give you. Theres no one-to-one so as long as you know general nursing qualities, course content etc you'll be fine! :smile:
Reply 754
Anyone had Swansea interviews for adult nursing? Got mine on the 22nd and not sure what to expect. Any advice would be much appreciated xx
Reply 755
Original post by Lydia7288
Anyone had Swansea interviews for adult nursing? Got mine on the 22nd and not sure what to expect. Any advice would be much appreciated xx

I was interviewed at swansea a few weeks ago and it was really relaxed. They just asked why nursing, why adult, the role of a nurse, the contents of the course etc....much nicer than my glam interview!
Good luck! X
Reply 756
Original post by rachbiom
Is your interview for child branch? I was there on 12th Jan. Maths and literacy are fine, not too difficult... i cant remember what the question was that we had to answer though. You have to get 7/10 in maths and 22/25 in literacy to get through to the 1-1 interview session. They ask about 11 questions, nothing too tricky if i remember rightly.

I really enjoyed the interview day, the bit where you wait to see if you get into the 1-1 interviews is nerve racking though :smile:

You have to wait til end of march to find out if you got a place :frown:

Thanks very much for that, I've my Northampton interview next Tuesday and I was a bit worried about that test. It sounds like you've got to get quite high on the literacy test, was that quite difficult? I sometimes make basic and stupid grammar mistakes so I guess I'll have to revise that eep! How did it go, did you manage to get through?

Also, does anybody know if we get refunded for our travel costs? Because I'm travelling from quite far for my universities, and so far I've racked up train costs of £150+ D: It's tough luck if you can't I get that, but I was still hoping otherwise heh.
Thanks, Lily
Reply 757
Original post by L.123
Thanks very much for that, I've my Northampton interview next Tuesday and I was a bit worried about that test. It sounds like you've got to get quite high on the literacy test, was that quite difficult? I sometimes make basic and stupid grammar mistakes so I guess I'll have to revise that eep! How did it go, did you manage to get through?

Also, does anybody know if we get refunded for our travel costs? Because I'm travelling from quite far for my universities, and so far I've racked up train costs of £150+ D: It's tough luck if you can't I get that, but I was still hoping otherwise heh.
Thanks, Lily

No refunds. I spent loads last year on interview travel and overnight stays.:frown:
I've been invited to a 'selection day' in nottingham for child nursing in march. Anyone know if this is just like an interview or what? The whole 'selection day' thing kinda threw me off.
Reply 759
Original post by roisink576
I've been invited to a 'selection day' in nottingham for child nursing in march. Anyone know if this is just like an interview or what? The whole 'selection day' thing kinda threw me off.

I had one last year. We had a group activity (problem solving/discussion) and a group interview.

Latest

Trending

Trending