The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Hj123
hi :-)....i have a 'selection day' at leeds university on the 9th of december...and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what this entails...i recieved a programe of the day and it seemed really informal...the only things which seemed to test the applicants is an online quiz, and a maths test....any advice or knowledge on a selection day would be great!...i also have a interview at northumbria which seems alot more difficult! ...i have to do a literacy test, a group interview and an individual interview...but im worried about the literacy test...has anyone done one of these?

I have an selection day event at leeds university on the 9th of December too! I'm not quite sure what the online quiz is though :s-smilie:
Reply 81
Is that the University of Leeds or is it Leeds Met?
I applied to Leeds Met on the 30th September and i have heard back from all my other choices and i havnt had anything back from them yet - but when i rang them about a week ago, she said it was being considered - surely thats a long time to wait when everyone else has already given me interviews?
Reply 82
Original post by Tamtam1993
I have an selection day event at leeds university on the 9th of December too! I'm not quite sure what the online quiz is though :s-smilie:

Ive got one for Leeds uni on the 3rd. Do we have an actual interview or is it just the tests? :smile:
Original post by Hj123
hi :-)....i have a 'selection day' at leeds university on the 9th of december...and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what this entails...i recieved a programe of the day and it seemed really informal...the only things which seemed to test the applicants is an online quiz, and a maths test....any advice or knowledge on a selection day would be great!...i also have a interview at northumbria which seems alot more difficult! ...i have to do a literacy test, a group interview and an individual interview...but im worried about the literacy test...has anyone done one of these?

heyyy I am going to that too :-)! see you there -sorry i cant be much help other than that but i also have no diea what to suspect! :s-smilie:
Reply 84
Original post by Mystiqu'e
Ok just got back and it was really good. They were very friendly and really put you at ease. No worries about any test just a group activity. All that you need to do is contribute during the discussion and I think they like you they just want to meet you really. Hope you get in. Goodluck hope this helps x :biggrin: :smile:

Thanks! Glad it went well, I'm sure you'll get a place :smile:.
I'm one of the quiet ones so I'm hoping that the group activity won't be too bad lol.
I also didn't get into Brighton :frown: and I only appled to 3 unis (2 for southampton) soo will have to use up my 5th in extras if it comes to it!
How did you get there btw? I'm getting there by train, is the uni easy to find?

8 days to go eeeek. So need to do some research!
Reply 85
Original post by NurseTobex
Thanks! Glad it went well, I'm sure you'll get a place :smile:.
I'm one of the quiet ones so I'm hoping that the group activity won't be too bad lol.
I also didn't get into Brighton :frown: and I only appled to 3 unis (2 for southampton) soo will have to use up my 5th in extras if it comes to it!
How did you get there btw? I'm getting there by train, is the uni easy to find?

8 days to go eeeek. So need to do some research!

Am also quite but you have to try. just make sure you listen carefully during the case study and try to concentrate on what they asked you to do and just answer. I applied for southampton as well when is your interview mine is in december
Reply 86
Original post by daw
Ive got one for Leeds uni on the 3rd. Do we have an actual interview or is it just the tests? :smile:

I think its just a selection day.. I'm not quite sure now as I was suppose to be having my interview for Leeds this Thursday but it classed with my interview for U of Birmingham, now its changed to the 9th :smile: Fingers crossed its not that bad! We will probably see each other anyway haha. What other Universities have you applied for? xx
Reply 87
Original post by sagill1
Is that the University of Leeds or is it Leeds Met?
I applied to Leeds Met on the 30th September and i have heard back from all my other choices and i havnt had anything back from them yet - but when i rang them about a week ago, she said it was being considered - surely thats a long time to wait when everyone else has already given me interviews?

Hey, i think we're all talking about Leeds Uni...or I am anyway. I have, however, also applied to Leeds met and they havnt got back to me yet so i wouldnt worry...remember that some people dont put their ucas apps in until the deadline so they may wait until they get more applications =) i have only heard from two out of five unis so far! Good luck with your offer though!
Reply 88
Hi

I have an interview at UCS on Wed 8th Dec just wondered if anyone else had one there? Im applying for child nursing. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Had an interview for adult nursing in UWE yesterday and been offered a place for sept 2011!!! :biggrin: im happy
Reply 90
Hi ive applied for the mental health nursing degree (sep2011) at salford and ive got an interview next monday anyone have any experiences they can share as most posts here are either for general nursing and childrens nursing :smile: ive been out of studying for a while but have been working as a care assistant so im pretty nervous about the tests!
Reply 91
Original post by Mystiqu'e
Am also quite but you have to try. just make sure you listen carefully during the case study and try to concentrate on what they asked you to do and just answer. I applied for southampton as well when is your interview mine is in december

Sorry for the late reply.
Case study? Eek. I don't have an interview for Southampton, just Bournemouth at the mo. Good luck for it! Did Bournemouth get back to you?

I haven't even done my home work apart from look on the NMC, been so busy with work! I'm a care worker so I'm hoping they don't ask me tooo much on that lol.
Reply 92
Original post by Bisma
Hi ive applied for the mental health nursing degree (sep2011) at salford and ive got an interview next monday anyone have any experiences they can share as most posts here are either for general nursing and childrens nursing :smile: ive been out of studying for a while but have been working as a care assistant so im pretty nervous about the tests!

I'm there next Monday also in the afternoon. I've been out of study since school! (35 now) I have been working in Mental Health for a bit though and I'm hoping their looking for experience of the subject!

Good Luck!
Reply 93

I've just had mu UCAS processed today I also have Brighton & Bournemouth(surrey) on there-
Sorry you got a no from Brighton did they say why, It was my first choice and I was kinda hoping it would be easy to get in- That coupled with the fact Surrey is already giving out places when they only have 30!! Im really scared now!!!!
Well done BTW to the person who got that.
Reply 94
Sorry for the late reply.
Case study? Eek. I don't have an interview for Southampton, just Bournemouth at the mo. Good luck for it! Did Bournemouth get back to you?

I haven't even done my home work apart from look on the NMC, been so busy with work! I'm a care worker so I'm hoping they don't ask me tooo much on that lol.

Yh I got an offer :biggrin:. don't worry about the case study it is really about listening and contributing when it comes to discussion and they make the environment so friendly you get acquainted with everyone easily. :smile:
Reply 95
Yeah it wasn't too bad!! We had to watch a video then discuss it, then had interviews, and they only asked a few questions - I was expecting them to ask loads lol. Just got to wait now!
Congrats on the offer!

I don't know why the said no spangex :frown:, should find out though really. Good luck with your application.
Reply 96
Yeah it wasn't too bad!! We had to watch a video then discuss it, then had interviews, and they only asked a few questions - I was expecting them to ask loads lol. Just got to wait now!
Congrats on the offer!

thanks good to know it went well hope the next stage goes well good luck:smile:
Reply 97
Welldone to all of you getting interviews and offers!

i have numeracy and literacy tests for cardiff on saturday 11th dec! and an interview with surrey (child nursing) on monday 13th dec! sooooo nervous, and i feel like im lacking in my preperation!

if anyones been to an interview for surrey could you give me any hints as to what it was like? did they ask loadsss of questions? any examples of what they asked?
thanksss! :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by Alannaa

Original post by Alannaa
Welldone to all of you getting interviews and offers!

i have numeracy and literacy tests for cardiff on saturday 11th dec! and an interview with surrey (child nursing) on monday 13th dec! sooooo nervous, and i feel like im lacking in my preperation!

if anyones been to an interview for surrey could you give me any hints as to what it was like? did they ask loadsss of questions? any examples of what they asked?
thanksss! :smile:

I have my literacy and numeracy tests at Cardiff on Saturday tooo!
I've had two interviews already, so I've taken some tests already but i'm worried about these ones! x
Reply 99
Hi I have an interview at Wolverhampton University on Tuesday for Adult Nursing. Anyone have any idea on what sort of questions they could ask me?
Really nervous.
Could use some help! And it would be much appreciated

Thankss,
- S

Latest

Trending

Trending