The Student Room Group

Gay man thrown from building by Isis.

Militants fighting for the Islamic State in Syria have thrown yet another young man to his death from a building after accusing him of being gay.

Stomach-churning photographs show a large bloodthirsty crowd gathered at the foot of a multi-storey building in the group's de facto capital Raqqa to watch the murder of the young victim.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2978890/ISIS-barbarians-throw-gay-man-building-bloodthirsty-crowds-Syria.html

Mod Edit: Graphic Image removed.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

the religion of peace (tm)

and people wonder why I don't want this faith normalised in this country
Reply 2
Is there a video of this?
Reply 3
Original post by al_94
Is there a video of this?

Are you sick in the head?
Reply 4
The religion with the worst reputation right now. Widely known for extremists and making headlines like these.
This has nothing to do with Islam.
Original post by hussamhussam

Which part of Islamic State is not Islam?

And don't use the No True Scotsman rhetoric.
Read about this, as well as as images on another article showing a thief about to get his hand cut off, also people being killed like this for being labelled as apostates.

Though of course none of this is to do with Islam, in fact if you read the whole Qu'ran and all recognised Hadiths you'll find NOTHING suggesting gay men, thieves, apostates etc should these sort of punishments, NOTHING AT ALL, NONE ONE VERSE, that's why these guys have NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM.

Though if ISIS get their jollies by throwing men off buildings, I have 5 perfect candidates...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2980678/Pregnant-woman-22-attacked-baseball-bat-knife-masked-gang-burst-home-GIVING-BIRTH.html
Reply 8
Original post by DiddyDec

So if I shoot someone in your name then call me and my killer gang the 'diddy killers' you must be condoning what I'm doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

From Islamic Punishment for Homosexuality thread:

In searching for reasons why homosexuals are being thrown off buildings in the Middle East, I came across this article from IslamQA which I am seeing more and more people quoting around the net to support their beliefs. How much of the following is actually believed to be legitimate Islamic ruling?

The crime of homosexuality is one of the greatest of crimes, the worst of sins and the most abhorrent of deeds, and Allaah punished those who did it in a way that He did not punish other nations. It is indicative of violation of the fitrah, total misguidance, weak intellect and lack of religious commitment, and it is a sign of doom and deprivation of the mercy of Allaah. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

al-Tirmidhi (1456), Abu Dawood (4462)and Ibn Maajah (2561) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

The Sahaabah were unanimously agreed on the execution of homosexuals, but they differed as to how they were to be executed. Some of them were of the view that they should be burned with fire, which was the view of ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) and also of Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him), as we shall see below. And some of them thought that they should be thrown down from a high place then have stones thrown at them. This was the view of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him).

Some of them thought that they should be stoned to death, which was narrated from both ‘Ali and Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them).
After the Sahaabah, the ***aha’ differed concerning the matter. Some of them said that the homosexual should be executed no matter what his situation, whether he is married or not.

Some of them said that he should be punished in the same way as an adulterer, so he should be stoned if he is married and flogged if he is not married.
Some of them said that a severe punishment should be carried out on him, as the judge sees fit.

Because the evil consequences of homosexuality are among the worst of evil consequences, so its punishment is one of the most severe of punishments in this world and in the Hereafter.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3172699
oh by the way while we're at it....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2980863/New-low-sick-ISIS-murderers-terrorists-cameras-end-GUNS-make-execution-video-look-like-shoot-em-computer-game.html

It's insane how different members of our species can be, we've got world renounced physicists, doctors etc pushing the boundaries of human understanding and ability and then we have these ******* animals.

The scary thing is how easily some people seem to slip into this sort of behavior and outlook on life, you have kids who grew up here, had "normal" middle class life's, and decide to go and join ISIS...and throw gay men off roofs or burn men alive in cages.

The world has slipped back before, some regions could fall into a second dark age...

.......I think religion had a fair bit of involvement in that time period.

....good job this has nothing to do with Islam.
Original post by Ascention

...its a mistranslation pure and simple

....also context, remember everything in context.....context.

I'm sorry, this is utter bullcrap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joey11223
oh by the way while we're at it....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2980863/New-low-sick-ISIS-murderers-terrorists-cameras-end-GUNS-make-execution-video-look-like-shoot-em-computer-game.html

It's insane how different members of our species can be, we've got world renounced physicists, doctors etc pushing the boundaries of human understanding and ability and then we have these ******* animals.

The scary thing is how easily some people seem to slip into this sort of behavior and outlook on life, you have kids who grew up here, had "normal" middle class life's, and decide to go and join ISIS...and throw gay men off roofs or burn men alive in cages.

The world has slipped back before, some regions could fall into a second dark age...

.......I think religion had a fair bit of involvement in that time period.

....good job this has nothing to do with Islam.

Since when has living in council estates and having cab-driving parents been classified as 'middle-class'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by small_circles
I'm sorry, this is utter bullcrap

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. So what do you believe to be the punishment for homosexuality in Islam?
Since when has living in council estates and having cab-driving parents been classified as 'middle-class'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt every case is as that example.

But fine working class, living in a council house and having a reasonable but not high wage job is as many families in this country live is still "normal" and they still grow up in the same society, yet instead choose ISIS.
Reply 16

I have asked this question before but it never got answered.

Islam calls for the death of homosexuals this cant be denied.

ISIS are killing homosexuals. So people conclude ISIS =ISLAM

My problem is how are these people being convicted of actually being homosexual in the first place? I have read it requires 4 male witnesses? Witnesses to what? Witnesses to homosexual acts? Who in their rightmind does it front of 4 people?

Only a few years back Alan Turin was pardoned. In the 1950s you could be imprisoned or chemically castrated if you were convicted of homosexuality in the UK. What proof was required in the uk?

If ISIS have lowered standards for conviction is it fair to say it is 100% Islamic?
I do not see any homosexual being convicted legally with that kind of proof being required.
(edited 9 years ago)
I see. So what do you believe to be the punishment for homosexuality in Islam?

The fact that you think that 1.5 billion people believe that gay people should be pushed from buildings is worrying to say the least...
Like all religions, being gay is not encouraged, but Islam (when there was such a thing as an Islamic 'state') held the stance that any open/public sexual 'action'(gay or straight) with sufficient witnesses should be taken to court where a judge would decide. For instance if one was mentally ill or not in their right mind at the time they would not fit the criteria...as it so happened during the Ottoman Empire not one case of any of these Islamic 'punishments' occurred showing that it was a overhanging warning rather than an actual punishment....
Islam acknowledges that some people are gay and have feelings for the same sex...it's something natural which has occurred for billions of years...the only 'punishment' is for a sexual act to be done IN PUBLIC which would have to fit a specific criteria..which has never happened according to legal accounts from the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
So if I shoot someone in your name then call me and my killer gang the 'diddy killers' you must be condoning what I'm doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The original commenter said it had nothing to with Islam, which it clearly does.

So in your example I would be something to do with it. Because you are killing in my name.

It has nothing to do with condoning.

No true scott.

Damn, you beat me to it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending