The Student Room Group

IB HL Biology book with answers?

Hey,
I am doing the IB course and am currently in the first year. Today I came to bio class and there was a girl,who had a book where all the DETAILED answers of the syllabus. It was something with IB HL biology which of course doesn't help me. As I asked this girl she didn't want to give me the book's name. However, I need this book...does anyone of you know it? If so, please help!

Thanks already
Reply 1
Check out this book (sample pages available):

Click!

Then buy it here (if you reckon its good enough):

Click!
Reply 2
Oh my god this is exactly the book I was looking for...wow....thank you very much this helps me a lot.....I've been searching for hours.....thank you sooooo much:biggrin: :tsr2: :tsr2:
lol i was thinking osc-ib it has to be... and it is :p:
Reply 4
You have to check out: http://www.geocities.com/BiologyIB/

Amazing site. Has the syllabus with all the answers.
Reply 5
hey, anyone willing to help me with my bio prac design ..plz!!?? iam lost.
Lady Diana
hey, anyone willing to help me with my bio prac design ..plz!!?? iam lost.

You've probably got a 'general' area for design, i.e. photosynthesis, etc.
Pick a research question (i.e. how does temperature affect the rate of photosynthesis), pick the independent variable (i.e. temperature), deduce the dependent variable (the data you collect) and determine the controlled variables (i.e. CO2 concentration, light intensity, etc). Then you need to devise a method. I recommend checking google/your textbooks to find any general experiment design and then base yours on that. This will ensure that you don't make any major mistakes. Then, you need to write up a draft method (based on your exemplary design) and you'll have to carry out a practice test: look out for potential errors/uncertainties (i.e. oxygen lost, CO2 lost), pick a suitable range of collecting data (YOU MUST HAVE 5 DATA POINTS FOR A LINE GRAPH; is your data range wide enough? etc) and make sure all your variables are controlled (e.g. light intensity). After you've revised your method, do your final experiment & record the data (as any normal IA).

This is v. condensed, but i hope it helps :smile:

Criteria for a perfect design mark:

Formulates a focused
problem/research
question and identifies
the relevant variables.
--> your RQ should include both independent & dependent variables & your variables are independent/dependent/controlled.

Designs a method for
the effective control of
the variables.
---> controlling the controlled variables (i.e. co2 concentration) & the independent variable (i.e. keeping temperature constant).

Develops a method that
allows for the collection
of sufficient relevant
data.
---> i.e. measuring the oxygen evolved; using appropriate devices to measure data; notice the word 'sufficient'=wide data range & at least 5 (variable intervals) points on the graph!

:smile: :smile: hope this helps

Latest

Trending

Trending