The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele university nightlife

Hey Keele is my firm choice for chemistry and maths and I'm wondering if any current Keele students can tell me about the night life on campus, in Hanley/Newcastle and other local areas? I've got loads of mixed opinions on it and I'm worried it's going to be a bit stale? /: Cheers.
Reply 1
I'm in the exact same boat as you. Keele sounds like a great uni, although I have also heard bad thing about the nightlife.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Eddie3ed
I'm in the exact same boat as you. Keele sounds like a great uni, although I have also heard bad thing about the nightlife.

It's a fairly short train into Manchester apparently if the night life really is that dead, but I'm really hoping Hanley and the other local towns are alright. What you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi guys

At the Student union Monday's are £1 drinks (£1.20 pints)
Wednesday's are "flirt" which tends to be all the main socials out on that night, so busy. (Again £1.20 pints up until 10pm).
Friday's alternate every week between Guilt (cheesy music) and Frisky (R&B/hip hop)

It's a good students union for night life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Jonesy95
Hi guys

At the Student union Monday's are £1 drinks (£1.20 pints)
Wednesday's are "flirt" which tends to be all the main socials out on that night, so busy. (Again £1.20 pints up until 10pm).
Friday's alternate every week between Guilt (cheesy music) and Frisky (R&B/hip hop)

It's a good students union for night life

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats the local area like for nightlife though for when students move of campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Quite good actually
Once a term you have "carnage" which is the biggest student night. That's in hanley

Newcastle is good on weekdays/Friday's, hanley is better for nights out Saturday-monday. Plenty of clubs, bars and pubs for nights out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Jonesy95
Quite good actually
Once a term you have "carnage" which is the biggest student night. That's in hanley

Newcastle is good on weekdays/Friday's, hanley is better for nights out Saturday-monday. Plenty of clubs, bars and pubs for nights out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh ok thanks thats good to hear. Id heard keele uni was the place to go if you didnt want to go out ever 😂 do you regret not going somewhere more lively?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I enjoy Keele, as its a campus uni and I don't like city unis

It's so easy to get a £5 taxi back from a night out in newcastle or hanley, I don't feel as contained as people think it would be like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I've just finished my first year as a fresher and one of the things I was most concerned about was that I was gonna be bored senseless and that there was gonna be no-one who wanted to go out and get pissed on a regular basis. There's no need to worry about that - Monday nights are class due to the cheapness of the night, Wednesday's are, as said, typically socials nights for sports clubs which are always proper lively and a laugh with fancy dress etc depending on the sport, Friday's are typically very busy as everyone just wants to go out and get twatted. I thought before I started uni that I'd wanna go off campus loads into Hanley and Newcastle and that but chances are you wont, as you'll wanna go out with your flat mates and people you meet through your course etc and it's just all too convenient to take that short walk to the SU - don't need the hassle of cabs although they are very cheap when it comes to 2nd and 3rd year.
Hi Guys!

Keele nightlife is pretty awesome TBH!
Also at the SU they put on 6 huge events throughout the academic year which are:

Freshers Week - A week long of events ranging from Headphone Disco(google it if you don't know), Tony Lee XX Rated Hypnotist Show, Massive Monday(Usually a big name or act DJ'n or Playing in a band live last year was scouting for Girls) Pub Quiz (Last year people won money and ipods and othe rcool gadgets) Cheesy night (Last year they had S Club) Then the actual Freshers Ball (Last year they had Chase and Status) Loads more going on also - you usually buy a freshers pass that gets you into all these events but you can also buy individual tickets...

Halloween ball - usually the biggest night of the year -again another live act will perform, last year they had circus theme with a scare room and Twin Atlantis played!

Winterfest - again another live act performs, in the past they've had Deaf Havana, DJ Fresh and they usually have an Ice Skating Rink,Rides and other Christmassy themed stuff going on on the front car park by the SU.

Refreshers Week - Same format as Freshers where there is a weeklong of mixed events, buy a pass for the week or get individual tickets. Last yearwas The Great Gatsby themed Refreshers Ball with Saint Raymond and Becky Hill performing live.

Easter Ball - Last year they had FUSE ODG!!!! Tickets we're only £9 it was amazing!!!

Woodstoke - This is the end of year celebration; it is basically a mini festival on campus, a range of acts, outside bars, outside stages, Festival food, rave tent, fairground rides, and loads going on! Justrecently they had Sigma headlining, also Peace, Blonde, Melissa Steel, BigNarstie and the Hoosiers performed. There was also a load more acts on thesmaller stages outside. Tickets are usually about £30 for this as there is somuch going on!

There are also one of random external events hosted at the SU, in the past this has been Ed Sheeran, Rizzle Kicks and next month they have the one and only SNOOP DOGG HERE!!!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest