The Student Room Group

Where will the next big terrorist attack be?

Where do you think it will occur and how?

Scroll to see replies

Bump.
Reply 2
It happens every day in various African and Middle Eastern countries.
Original post by Arkasia
It happens every day in various African and Middle Eastern countries.

In the West then? I know there is apparently a plan to target lots of malls and shopping centres on mass. Whenever it happens, we probably will not see it coming. I mean look at 9/11, whoever planned it was very tactically aware.
Reply 4
Original post by determined111
In the West then? I know there is apparently a plan to target lots of malls and shopping centres on mass. Whenever it happens, we probably will not see it coming. I mean look at 9/11, whoever planned it was very tactically aware.

It's utterly unpredictable, but if I had to guess, the US, UK, France or Germany.
Original post by Arkasia
It's utterly unpredictable, but if I had to guess, the US, UK, France or Germany.

What form do you think the attack could take?
Reply 6

Car/bus/train bomb or attempted mass shooting.
Reply 7
UK or USA
Original post by Arkasia
Car/bus/train bomb or attempted mass shooting.

You raise a good point. It could be explosives but they are unpredictable. Sometimes they work very effectively (eg. Oklahoma City Bombing), other times they are not as effective (eg. Anders Breivik where while his shooting killed many, the bombs place in Oslo killed few).
Original post by sdotd
UK or USA

Why those two in particular do you think?
Reply 10
France (again)
Reply 11
Mexico. Not all terrorism is jihadi. There is a heck of a lot of drug business related terrorism.
China

I reckon it's only a matter of time before a football match is targeted. Thousands of people packed in together, potential live TV coverage, general sale tickets (meaning anybody can buy one and enter) and to top it off you're not searched when you enter the home ends for the majority of games.

It would be devastating.
I'll say UK and probably Australian style where one or more men storm a shopping centre or possibly something like the local council building, shoot it up, take hostages etc. Honestly think its a pot waiting to boil over here.
Original post by Wilfred Little

It would be devastating.

Man I never really thought of that but yeah, especially if they managed a big game on live. I mean you get the odd idiot running on the pitch with no real aim yet they get past pitch side security and take a while to be caught. Three determined men with machetes could feasibly run onto the pitch and attack a player, ref etc. Imagine a public murder execution style of a professional footballer, one of the men starts shouting a political/religious rant with hands covered in blood....damn,

Then again it would make us have more of a contribution in the fight against ISIS, our army is **** so instead we'll just fly/bus a few thousand rowdy fans, give them machetes, automatic weapons and crates of carlsberg drop them off at the edge of an ISIS controlled town. "WE"RE RACIST AND WE LIKE IT!!! OI! OI! OI! OI!!!! SHOOT EM ALL LADS!!! Oh when the Saints go marching in!"
(edited 9 years ago)
it is quite likely that an attack on an airplane taking off using a swarm of drones could take place. drones cost about £50... if you managed to get just a couple in the engine intakes it would be disastrous.
You raise a good point. It could be explosives but they are unpredictable. Sometimes they work very effectively (eg. Oklahoma City Bombing), other times they are not as effective (eg. Anders Breivik where while his shooting killed many, the bombs place in Oslo killed few).

Breivik's bomb was effective. His main target was the youth camp, and the bomb was merely an added distraction, meant to wipe out a few random people and distract the police. Explosives are unpredictable but the best method due to the short, violent nature of it. We are seeing terrorrists experiment more and more with different chemical compositions and methods of smuggling, so it's only a matter of time before we see another 7/7 or Marathon bombing.

Original post by Wilfred Little
I reckon it's only a matter of time before a football match is targeted. Thousands of people packed in together, potential live TV coverage, general sale tickets (meaning anybody can buy one and enter) and to top it off you're not searched when you enter the home ends for the majority of games.

It would be devastating.

A bomb could go off at Crystal Palace and you probably wouldn't even hear it.
In Western Europe do the sizeable Muslim populations that we have allowed to settle here!

It will not happen in Eastern Europe that is for sure
Original post by joey11223
Man I never really thought of that but yeah, especially if they managed a big game on live. I mean you get the odd idiot running on the pitch with no real aim yet they get past pitch side security and take a while to be caught. Three determined men with machetes could feasibly run onto the pitch and attack a player, ref etc. Imagine a public murder execution style of a professional footballer, one of the men starts shouting a political/religious rant with hands covered in blood....damn,

After 9/11, there were reports in the tabloids of terrorists planning to run on to the pitch with grenades, pulling the pins and grabbing players at the World Cup (2002 in South Korea/Japan) so that they can't run off. So that sort of thing has been suggested before.

I don't mean doing anything like that though, I just mean three people in three separate stands (all of them home end as you're searched if you're a visiting supporter) with bombs strapped to themselves under their clothing. How many people do you think you'd kill in a tightly packed space like that? Then there'd inevitably be crushes as everyone tries to escape through the concourses all at once, so probably more deaths there too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending