The Student Room Group

Bath Uni Engineering change of offer

Hey guys

So I received a reply from Bath University today after applying for their Mechanical Engineering undergrad degree:

"Applications for Mechanical Engineering have been exceptionally high this year and unfortunately we are unable to offer you a place in an extremely competitive field. However having reviewed your application we would like to offer you a place on our Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (IMEE) MEng programme."

I hadn't even considered this course as I don't really enjoy the electricity modules of a level physics, so I had pretty much written off Electrical Engineering. However, Bath is my first choice university and I have had my heart set on it for years so this has given me a but of a dilemma.
I think I will take them up on the offer and go to the UCAS open day to look more into the course.

I was wondering if there is anyone on here who knows about the IMEE course and could give me some advice on the course structure and opportunities?
Also does anyone know if it would be possible or how easy it would be to transfer to the Mechanical Engineering course once I am there?

Thanks for your help :-)
If you're unsure about the course, I would suggest going to visit before making up your mind. Although Bath is your first choice university, if you dislike your course, you won't enjoy your experience there. Do you have other offers, and how do you feel about them?

I would say normally it would be possible to transfer from mechanical and electrical engineering to just mechanical fairly easily. However, it sounds like the mechanical engineering course is much more popular and they have already rejected you from this course, so both these factors would make transferring harder.
Reply 2
This happened to me and my friend but we both applied for Aerospace Engineering and got changed to IMEE, so dont worry dude you're not the only one haha
But it was my friend's first choice so he's thinking of trying to get A*A*A and ring them up on results day and see if he can get in, he's thinking of putting Sheffield as his first choice.
Neither of us want to do Mechanical or Electrical so we might just reject Bath
And ideally for me, i kinda of wanted Bath Aero Engine as my insurance and Bristol as my first choice but I think I'll just reject Bath so I don't waste the offer for other people.
Where else have you got offers from?
Original post by Oraeng
Hey guys

So I received a reply from Bath University today after applying for their Mechanical Engineering undergrad degree:

"Applications for Mechanical Engineering have been exceptionally high this year and unfortunately we are unable to offer you a place in an extremely competitive field. However having reviewed your application we would like to offer you a place on our Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (IMEE) MEng programme."

I hadn't even considered this course as I don't really enjoy the electricity modules of a level physics, so I had pretty much written off Electrical Engineering. However, Bath is my first choice university and I have had my heart set on it for years so this has given me a but of a dilemma.
I think I will take them up on the offer and go to the UCAS open day to look more into the course.

I was wondering if there is anyone on here who knows about the IMEE course and could give me some advice on the course structure and opportunities?
Also does anyone know if it would be possible or how easy it would be to transfer to the Mechanical Engineering course once I am there?

Thanks for your help :-)

the bottom line is do you want to do this subject. if not reject it and go elsewhere. you are not there to fill up courses bath cant fill. you are in it to get the best possible result for yourself
Reply 4
I'm in the exact same situation as you guys!
I've received conditional offers from Bath,Southampton,Loughborough,Sheffield and Manchester. The field I've chosen is Aerospace Engineering with a year/Semester in Industry. The conditions are achiveable in all the unis except manchester. Which one should I choose from amongst the rest??Any ideas?
Problem with Bath is that I've heard that the mechanical and aerospace departments are combined..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending