The Student Room Group

Crisis, help!

Hello, everybody!

Justlooking for some advice and guidance with regards to sticking with my healthsciences course.

I'mcurrently in my second year of an Adult Nursing degree in Yorkshire, but I'vebeen struggling from the very beginning. I came straight from sixth form anddidn't adjust to university at all, struggled to make friends and was unfairlyput on an action plan during my first hospital placement. My mentors have beenunsupportive, and my tutor hasn't been encouraging.

I'vebeen battling depression and broke up with my boyfriend at New Year, and I'mreally no longer the person I used to be. I was quite a jolly person before! Itreally just feels like I've made a terrible decision, I don't have a passionfor Nursing and the whole course is wearing me down and making me miserable.

I'dresolved to keep going until the end and come away with my degree, but today Ireceived a really low mark from an important essay and it's starting to feellike there's no point carrying on. All my previous essays were firsts, but thishas brought my whole grade average down and I'm so angry and upset - thefeedback is very dismissive and I'm thinking of appealing against it.

I havefriends who dropped out of the same course and say it was a great decision forthem, but I'm scared of doing it myself. I can't decide whether to carry on orto leave right now.

(Sorrythis whole thing sounds so miserable, I already feel a bit better for seeingthe facts written down like this!)

Anyhelp would be very much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending