The Student Room Group

Aston uni changed offer to unconditional?

I applied to Aston University to study Accounting for Management. The grade requirements are AAB which is what my school predicted and in January I got my conditional offer from them.

However just today I got an email from them saying they are offering me the opportunity to 'upgrade' (so to speak) my offer to an unconditional, provided I firm Aston of course.

I am as confused as I am happy, hence I am asking if anyone else has got this kind of 'upgrade' from any uni not necessarily Aston.
Original post by garga
I applied to Aston University to study Accounting for Management. The grade requirements are AAB which is what my school predicted and in January I got my conditional offer from them.

However just today I got an email from them saying they are offering me the opportunity to 'upgrade' (so to speak) my offer to an unconditional, provided I firm Aston of course.

I am as confused as I am happy, hence I am asking if anyone else has got this kind of 'upgrade' from any uni not necessarily Aston.

It's quite common now. Birmingham was the first to create this unconditional scheme and now a myriad of other unis have followed suit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
It's quite common now. Birmingham was the first to create this unconditional scheme and now a myriad of other unis have followed suit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would be pretty great if my King's and UCL offers magically became unconditionals :tongue:
Original post by binarythoughts
It would be pretty great if my King's and UCL offers magically became unconditionals :tongue:

It's more common in less competitive unis though. That, or some unis try to entice high achieving (e.g. 3a*s) to firm them.

Err don't hold you're breath because you will definitely die😉
Original post by louisewestlake
Err don't hold you're breath because you will definitely die������

I was kidding...jeez
Original post by louisewestlake
Err don't hold you're breath because you will definitely die

Well someone overreacted
Original post by garga

Heya, there's an article about unconditional offers here. It might help :h:

Is Aston your first choice uni? :h: Where else have you applied to? :h:
Reply 8
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, there's an article about unconditional offers here. It might help :h:

Is Aston your first choice uni? :h: Where else have you applied to? :h:

I applied to Durham, Cardiff, Heriot Watt and Reading. I was confused between choosing Durham or Aston as my firm but I guess the confusion is over now :smile:
Original post by garga
I applied to Durham, Cardiff, Heriot Watt and Reading. I was confused between choosing Durham or Aston as my firm but I guess the confusion is over now :smile:

Don't be swayed into choosing a university as your firm (and only choice, because you can't have an insurance) just because it has given you an unconditional offer if it wasn't your first choice originally. The giving of unconditionals is a marketing ploy by universities and needs to be thought about very carefully.
I was kidding...jeez

Errr so was I!!!!☺️
Reply 11
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Don't be swayed into choosing a university as your firm (and only choice, because you can't have an insurance) just because it has given you an unconditional offer if it wasn't your first choice originally. The giving of unconditionals is a marketing ploy by universities and needs to be thought about very carefully.

Yes I thought about this but I was swaying more towards Aston anyway so a double victory for me in some sense! lol
Original post by garga

Hi what a levels are you studying and what are your predicted grades? Ive applied to the same course!
Reply 13
Original post by garga

I also applied to study accounting for management at aston and I firmed my conditional offer but yesterday I checked ucas and they changed it to a confirmed unconditional offer. I'm not sure if it's the same upgrade scheme as you as I had already firmed the conditional offer?
Original post by davisl
I also applied to study accounting for management at aston and I firmed my conditional offer but yesterday I checked ucas and they changed it to a confirmed unconditional offer. I'm not sure if it's the same upgrade scheme as you as I had already firmed the conditional offer?

Hey!

Are you waiting for your A-level results or do you already have them?
Reply 15
Original post by She-Ra
Hey!

Are you waiting for your A-level results or do you already have them?

Hey,
I'm doing BTEC but I'm waiting till mid August for my results
Original post by davisl
Hey,
I'm doing BTEC but I'm waiting till mid August for my results

Just BTEC or A-levels too?
Reply 17
Original post by She-Ra
Just BTEC or A-levels too?

Just BTEC
Original post by davisl
Just BTEC

Hooray!

Congratulations you're in :biggrin:

Your college must have received your results and UCAS made aware - you have been officially accepted.

We have checked with Aston, they aren't changing conditionals to unconditional unless they have received your results.

Time to celebrate :party:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending