The Student Room Group

Managing time between friends and boyfriend

Hi all!
I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 months (I know, its not that long), but he doesnt know my friends (there is a bit of an age gap). I was just wondering how people manage spending time with their boyfriend and with their friends. Personally I love spending times with my friends but since I started dating this guy (who encourages me to see my friends) I see them less than before and I was wondering if any was else is in my situation and how do you manage it?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all!
I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 months (I know, its not that long), but he doesnt know my friends (there is a bit of an age gap). I was just wondering how people manage spending time with their boyfriend and with their friends. Personally I love spending times with my friends but since I started dating this guy (who encourages me to see my friends) I see them less than before and I was wondering if any was else is in my situation and how do you manage it?

It's quite hard. I find that you naturally spend more time with your boyfriend than your friends.
I would make sure you meet up with your friends when your boyfriend is busy. I still struggle with the balance. Like my fiends want me to go out this weekend but my boyfriend wants to go to a wedding with me.

It's hard gettig the balance right but it can be done.

Just don't end up like two of my best friends tho. Once they got a boyfriend they ugg ores their friends completely. Now they have no boyfriend or friends!
Reply 2
It's quite hard. I find that you naturally spend more time with your boyfriend than your friends.
I would make sure you meet up with your friends when your boyfriend is busy. I still struggle with the balance. Like my fiends want me to go out this weekend but my boyfriend wants to go to a wedding with me.

It's hard gettig the balance right but it can be done.

Just don't end up like two of my best friends tho. Once they got a boyfriend they ugg ores their friends completely. Now they have no boyfriend or friends!

Oh I would never forget my friends! My (ex) best friend got a boyfriend 2 years ago, havent seen her since!
The thing is is that I'm at boarding school so only see my boyfriend on weekends (but see my friends all week)! But thanks, I need to try and find a good balance!
Oh I would never forget my friends! My (ex) best friend got a boyfriend 2 years ago, havent seen her since!
The thing is is that I'm at boarding school so only see my boyfriend on weekends (but see my friends all week)! But thanks, I need to try and find a good balance!

I would see your boyfriend at the weekend. Then make the most of seeing your friends in the weekday. If you only have two days to see your boyfriend your friends should understand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending