The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

help with accomodation 2015

Hi guys,
I've applied for Public Relations. got an offer, visited BU and absolutely loved it! :smile:
I was wondering if anyone could help me with some descriptions of the halls as there aren't many pictures on the website and I found it a little bit confusing..
In details I'd like to have more infos on Dorchester House cause that's the hall I was looking for because it has double beds and looks a bit more comfortable :tongue:
Now, I know there are double beds, but is there enough room to move around? Cause from the photos it looks a bit crowded. If you want to post your own pictures of the room feel free :redface:
Also, how is the student life in Dorchester?
Sorry about the long paragraph but I just wanted to get it sorted before applying for student finance :wink::wink:
Cheers
G. xx
Hi Gloriareda,

I'm Chris and I study Marketing Communications at Bournemouth and I am loving it! Marketing, Advertising and PR have lots of cross over so if you wanted to know anything about the course, lecturers etc. feel free to ask! :biggrin:

Check out some of the other page on the forums, there was quite a lot of discussion about Dorchester in the BU Applicants 2015-2016 page! Somebody even put a photo up a few weeks ago!

Hope this has helped!

Chris :biggrin:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by Gloriareda
Hi guys,
I've applied for Public Relations. got an offer, visited BU and absolutely loved it! :smile:
I was wondering if anyone could help me with some descriptions of the halls as there aren't many pictures on the website and I found it a little bit confusing..
In details I'd like to have more infos on Dorchester House cause that's the hall I was looking for because it has double beds and looks a bit more comfortable :tongue:
Now, I know there are double beds, but is there enough room to move around? Cause from the photos it looks a bit crowded. If you want to post your own pictures of the room feel free :redface:
Also, how is the student life in Dorchester?
Sorry about the long paragraph but I just wanted to get it sorted before applying for student finance :wink::wink:
Cheers
G. xx

Im thinking Dorchester house too! Might see you there :smile: I'm going to be studying hospitality management, I went to an open day at then end of last year and fell in love with the uni and Bournemouth so luckily I firmed my offer! And I did my a levels last year so all I'm waiting to sort is accomodation, which apparently doesn't get sorted till may time...
I'm looking at Dorchester Halls too!! I've applied to do Events Management. But I can't find any other photos of the halls other than those on the website, which don't show a lot... I'd be intrigued on seeing other photos too!
Original post by rhianberry
I'm looking at Dorchester Halls too!! I've applied to do Events Management. But I can't find any other photos of the halls other than those on the website, which don't show a lot... I'd be intrigued on seeing other photos too!

If you search it in YouTube theres a video of all the halls, it's sort of like a tour of each of them. Some of the videos are old though so I don't know how up to date they are. Good luck with your application!:smile:
Reply 5

If you find anything let me know, sounds stupid but I really want to make the right choice on accommodation :smile:
Ooh thank you! I'll take a look now 😊
Original post by Gloriareda
If you find anything let me know, sounds stupid but I really want to make the right choice on accommodation :smile:

Go on YouTube, there's a couple of videos for each of the halls 😊
Hi Everyone,

This album has some great photos of the halls of residence and the Student Village and some good examples of unilet too!

Check it our here; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.402389226603729.1073741831.251542275021759&type=3

Thanks

Reply 9
Original post by CBowditch
Hi Everyone,

This album has some great photos of the halls of residence and the Student Village and some good examples of unilet too!

Check it our here; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.402389226603729.1073741831.251542275021759&type=3

Thanks

Thank you :smile:

Hi Rhianberry,

If you looking at Dorchester this may be a helpful website:
www.thestudenthousingcompany.com
If you change your location to Bournemouth your be able to see more pictures of Dorchester House as well as do a 3D tour!

I am currently living their so if you have any questions ill be happy to awnser :smile:

Gemma :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending