The Student Room Group

Help! Stuck between 2 Fine Art courses..What makes a Fine Art better than the next???

So i'm stuck between two..

1st uni:
70 students, Not much studio space.. but it didnt feel like the place i'd feel at home but It's a top art uni

2nd uni:
30 or less students, Good amount of personal studio space.. i really liked it there but don't think its a well known uni so worried about when i finish, will the degree look impress?
idk what to do

But i just want to know what makes the difference between an ok Fine Art course - to what makes it an amazing Fine Art course??
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by treemoon
So i'm stuck between two..

1st uni:
70 students, Not much studio space.. but it didnt feel like the place i'd feel at home but It's a top art uni

2nd uni:
30 or less students, Good amount of personal studio space.. i really liked it there but don't think its a well known uni so worried about when i finish, will the degree look impress?
idk what to do

But i just want to know what makes the difference between an ok Fine Art course - to what makes it an amazing Fine Art course??

I'd be inclined to say be a happy fish in a small pool, personally. More than a lot of other subjects, art is about what you produce yourself rather than the university you produced it in. If you have the intention to work in the field of art after you graduate then you will be judged on whether your work is good enough, not where your degree is from, so go where you feel you will produce your best work.
What are the 2 unis we might be able to help a bit more if we know that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go to whichever you think you'd be able to excel in. I decided against going to the top Uni for my subject because it didn't have that feeling, you know? The one I attend isn't as big but I'm loving it! I'm going to have to put in a bit of effort to get myself known but the tutors here are far more approachable than the supposedly better one.

Who knows, by the time you finish the degree the second Uni might end up becoming far more well known :P
Reply 4
Original post by frances98
What are the 2 unis we might be able to help a bit more if we know that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its Bournemouth and Gloucester, but leaning more towards Gloucester at the moment..
Bournemouth is supposed to be very good, but make sure you love wherever you go and the actual city as well I made a mistake and now I'm stuck at a rubbish uni :frown: good luck! x
Reply 6
Original post by oliviawelsh4
Bournemouth is supposed to be very good, but make sure you love wherever you go and the actual city as well I made a mistake and now I'm stuck at a rubbish uni :frown: good luck! x

Thats what i've heard but im so unsure.. Glos is great cos its a tiny course but argghh what to do?! and yh i made that mistake with my first uni and ended up dropping out! So now its like make or break haha thank you, and you too! x

Quick Reply

Latest