The Student Room Group

For those that have done/doing the pharmacy degree?

I'm in the 2nd year and getting quite fed up with the wide range of material that has to be covered and apparently the volume increases even further until the 4th year! I know its a good degree and is vocational ( unlike many degrees) but I feel like dropping out 1/2 the time when I think that there is 3 years left for me. I see people on other courses who have tons of free time so they work part time and do loads of cool activities. I wish I would have done something that I enjoy like biology/biomedical science. I just get the feeling that pharmacy is one of the toughest/ time consumming courses available and that others are having a whale of a time.
Reply 1
Which uni. are you at?
I can sort of relate to your experience as I found the workload was far greater than that of people doing other courses. My advice is: persevere. Think back to why you chose pharmacy and remember that it should pay off in the end (fianancially at least).
Reply 2
hey i know how you feel, im at UEA and have 30 hours a week, i then have to study independtly outside of that, most people in my flat average 9 hours of tutorials, lecturs and seminars a week, keep going, it is a hard course but the rewards are great, remember your training to become a professional, a masters you are doing not a Bachelors, stick with it :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending