The Student Room Group

can i use an invalid passport along with an EU card to prove ID for clubs??

its my birthday in 2 days and i want to go out tomoz night clubbing with my mates. but i was worried / embarrest of getting rejected at the door so i was wondering if its possible i can get into a club with an invalid passport (with a pic of me when i was about 7) and would an EU card prove its me that's the actual owner of the passport. plz help xx
Reply 1
I've used an out of date passport on its own as ID in pubs, shops and bookies and had it accepted. However I was 16 on the photo so you could still tell it was me; you've probably changed a lot since you were 7 and I think clubs might be stricter. Have you got something with a more recent photo of you on e.g. student ID? That might work better than an EU card.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I wouldn't be confident with a photo of you from the age of 7. I mean that and the date are the main things they will look at. Maybe you should ring places you are planning to go to before and ask them about the EU card? Some places may treat it differently to others.
Reply 3
Where I work, we can only accept in-date passports and driving licenses. Or anything with a PASS logo on - no student cards, birth certificates with photocards etc.
Reply 4
A lot of places wont accept it. Some might. No-one on here can tell for certain as there's no legal requirements.
Tomoz night though.

Depends on the bouncers, sometimes an invalid passport works, but I've seen my mates been rejected with them also. At the end of the day, depends if the bouncers are cool with it and just let you in. Otherwise they're just going to turn you down unless you got a fairly recent picture or one at least they can tell it's you. You might want to get a back up in case (most likely a drivers licence, or a student card if they accept that), something besides an EU Card. Best bet is to ask the people working at the place what they accept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending