The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU firmers - Accommodation 2015

Hey,

i saw a load of posts from people working out what accommodation they wanted!

I thought it'd be useful to have an 'umbrella' thread where everyone can post their choices and get ideas!

personally I'm debating between Filbert Village, The Grange, Bede Hall & New Wharf Courts?!

I'd love Liberty but I dunno if I can afford it yet!

how about yourselves?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by JordanC55
Hey,

i saw a load of posts from people working out what accommodation they wanted!

I thought it'd be useful to have an 'umbrella' thread where everyone can post their choices and get ideas!

personally I'm debating between Filbert Village, The Grange, Bede Hall & New Wharf Courts?!

I'd love Liberty but I dunno if I can afford it yet!

how about yourselves?

i was thinking Newarke point, Filbert Village or the Grange leaning more towards Filbert Village, im gonna have to go down there and have a look myself. have you seen any of the accommodation or are you going off the pictures on the website like me? XD
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by heyoka
i was thinking Newarke point, Filbert Village or the Grange leaning more towards Filbert Village, im gonna have to go down there and have a look myself. have you seen any of the accommodation or are you going off the pictures on the website like me? XD

Off the website unfortunately! I'm hoping to go to the open day in March though! I feel like I need to see it.

where are you from and what have you applied for?
Reply 3
Off the website unfortunately! I'm hoping to go to the open day in March though! I feel like I need to see it.

where are you from and what have you applied for?

Yeah same I definitely need to see it before I apply to live somewhere. I'm from Manchester, I applied for games art but got a place for Animation instead, how about you? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by heyoka
Yeah same I definitely need to see it before I apply to live somewhere. I'm from Manchester, I applied for games art but got a place for Animation instead, how about you? :smile:

Definiteky get you on that one! Ah, fair enough!

I'm from Newcastle and am doing Speech Therapy :,)

So you firmed DMU I guess?
Reply 5
Definiteky get you on that one! Ah, fair enough!

I'm from Newcastle and am doing Speech Therapy :,)

So you firmed DMU I guess?

yeah firmed yesterday, now just trying to decide what accommodation to pick, its tough. i was thinking about going for the cheapest one since my student finance last year was over what the accommodation want by quite abit and i would have quite abit left over if they gave the same this year, but at the same time i want the most convenient place i was thinking liberty cause that's the one with the gym onsite (i think) but i don't like the look of the rooms. Ah this again is based off pictures XD i realy need to go see the rooms.
Reply 6
Original post by heyoka
yeah firmed yesterday, now just trying to decide what accommodation to pick, its tough. i was thinking about going for the cheapest one since my student finance last year was over what the accommodation want by quite abit and i would have quite abit left over if they gave the same this year, but at the same time i want the most convenient place i was thinking liberty cause that's the one with the gym onsite (i think) but i don't like the look of the rooms. Ah this again is based off pictures XD i realy need to go see the rooms.

Haha, yeah same! It was so weird firming it! Like it is real now!

I'm in the exact same position, I like Liberty because of the onsite gym but I'm just trying to see if I could afford to!

At at the minute I'm looking between Filbert, Bede and New Wharf! Mainly based on price but I love Liberty so I'm in two minds! Depends on finance and how much I save I guess.
I firmed back in January and just recently booked Mansion Court - it's soo nice and right next to campus
Reply 8
Haha, yeah same! It was so weird firming it! Like it is real now!

I'm in the exact same position, I like Liberty because of the onsite gym but I'm just trying to see if I could afford to!

At at the minute I'm looking between Filbert, Bede and New Wharf! Mainly based on price but I love Liberty so I'm in two minds! Depends on finance and how much I save I guess.

i was thinking about liberty's onsite gym, it said there are still charges so i guess you have to pay? but there's a leisure centre near by so i thought about just joining there instead since it will be bigger and more will go on.

i get how you feel firming, im scared and excited! you seem to really want to get into liberty so im hoping for you to get it :^_^:
Had an unconditional and confirmed my place :smile: I have book a Studio Apartment in the Queens Court building :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Calum.McManus
Had an unconditional and confirmed my place :smile: I have book a Studio Apartment in the Queens Court building :smile:

Studios look so nice!

Original post by heyoka
i was thinking about liberty's onsite gym, it said there are still charges so i guess you have to pay? but there's a leisure centre near by so i thought about just joining there instead since it will be bigger and more will go on.

i get how you feel firming, im scared and excited! you seem to really want to get into liberty so im hoping for you to get it :^_^:

cheers man, I dunno, it's like I like the accommodation of Liberty but Bedes has more people so y'know! It's more social.

so is Liberty your choice as well?

Original post by tomcrawshaw96
I firmed back in January and just recently booked Mansion Court - it's soo nice and right next to campus

Ah fair enough!
I have a room in Filbert Village

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hey everyone! Just got an offer for Game Art Design and I was wondering which accommodation you'd recommend. Is there a specific one where most people from the game art course stay at?

I'm kinda liking Liberty Park and Newarke Point so far. Can anyone give some pros and cons? Thanks!
Anyone wanting a Super Large Deluxe Studio at CODE Western Road from August? Need someone to take over my tenancy! Willing to pay £50 to anyone wanting to take it off my hands by 24th April Just let me know if you need any details
Reply 14
Original post by AVGA17
Hey everyone! Just got an offer for Game Art Design and I was wondering which accommodation you'd recommend. Is there a specific one where most people from the game art course stay at?

I'm kinda liking Liberty Park and Newarke Point so far. Can anyone give some pros and cons? Thanks!

I like Liberty and Newarke! Only perk of Liberty I guess is it's cheaper?
Reply 15
I like Liberty and Newarke! Only perk of Liberty I guess is it's cheaper?

Liberty apparently has an on-site gym too. Ive bever been that much of a sporty guy but I'd like to try and shape up in university so I think that'll be a benefit. But I still dont know... the other halls seem cool too and I cant go to an open day (im from outside the UK) to take a look for myself!
Anybody seen the new place round the corner from the Union? Studios but suits me as I'm a bit older and a lot lazier! Called Primus Place. My apartment is massive as well!
Hi everyone, If anyone is looking for accommodation next year I have a studio apartment at Upperton Road. It's £119pw and all bills including electricity are included. You also get free access to the onsite gym, it's about a 10 minute walk to DMU and 15 minute walk to the city centre and there is an onsite supermarket.
I'm offering £50 to anyone who takes over the contract before 10/04/15.
PM if you're interested or need more information
Hi everyone,

Up until a couple of months ago I was at DMU studying Mental Health Nursing but have unfortunately had to drop out and move back home to Cheshire due to illness.

I have signed a tenancy for a room that I am unable to get out of and need someone to take it over. The room is in a lovely house on Barclay Street, only a 10 minute walk from DMU and is £60 a week exc. bills. It will be shared with 4 second year nursing students who are all lovely. Ideally we would like another nursing student or at lleast someone who will understand/be respectful of the busy nursing schedule! The house has 5 double bedrooms, a living room, kitchen complete with fridge, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. There are two bathrooms containing both showers and a bath and there is space for parking.

Please feel free to message me with any questions or if you are interested.

Thank you!
Reply 19
Hi
Everyone i have previously dirmed my choice for pharmacy at dmu.
But have decided to go to adifferent university.

But i need someone to take ober my tenancy . It is a private one bed studio flat in upperton road . Has an ensuite a double bed and its own kitchen.
It is £123/ week all bill inclusive and has a gym nearby .

Pls dont hesitate to contact me via pm or email
[email protected]

I have also advertised it on sparerooms.co.uk
If you want pictures .

Quick Reply