The Student Room Group

Equity problem question help me someone pleasee :(

Tom jones, a Labour MP, made a will in 2012 in clause (a) of which he left “park Mansions”, a block of flats worth £5.9, which he owned, “to Sam and Mike to hold the property upon the terms which I have communicated or shall communicate to them”. There were also three other legacies in the will as follows:

(b) All my landed estates in preston and the property thereon and contents
thereof for such order of nuns, monks and teaching orders of the Roman Catholic
Church as my executors and trustees in their sole and absolute discretion shall
select.
(c) I give the sum of £750,000 to the ‘Old boxing’ Club’, London, to be utilised as the Committee of the Club should think best in the interests of the club

(the club is an unincorporated association)

(d) £3 million for the upkeep of my pigs for their lives and any of their offspring

until such time as a good home is found for them.

The residue of his estate was left to sibla and ben, his (adult) children by his second wife Katherine (now deceased), who were also made the executors and trustees of his estate.

In January 2013, tom told sam that he wanted him to hold the property on trust for Mistress bella, a professional dominatrix whose services tom had regularly used for the past ten years. sam agreed, but in March 2013, after hearing a speech on family virtues by the leader of the opposition in Parliament, he wrote to tom and told him that he was now converted to the importance of the family, and would be prepared to act as trustee for a widow, but not for a mistress. In July 2013 tom secretly married bella, and then remade his will in identical terms; bella was one of three witnesses to the will. In September 2013, tom for the first time told mike of his desire that mike should hold Mansions” for bella. Mike immediately responded that he believed bella to be immoral and would never do anything to benefit her. On hearing this tom had a stroke and immediately died. Following tom death, sam was informed of the marriage between Tom and Bella.

Reply 1
Original post by lawalltheway
Tom jones, a Labour MP, made a will in 2012 in clause (a) of which he left “park Mansions”, a block of flats worth £5.9, which he owned, “to Sam and Mike to hold the property upon the terms which I have communicated or shall communicate to them”. There were also three other legacies in the will as follows:

(b) All my landed estates in preston and the property thereon and contents
thereof for such order of nuns, monks and teaching orders of the Roman Catholic
Church as my executors and trustees in their sole and absolute discretion shall
select.
(c) I give the sum of £750,000 to the ‘Old boxing’ Club’, London, to be utilised as the Committee of the Club should think best in the interests of the club

(the club is an unincorporated association)

(d) £3 million for the upkeep of my pigs for their lives and any of their offspring

until such time as a good home is found for them.

The residue of his estate was left to sibla and ben, his (adult) children by his second wife Katherine (now deceased), who were also made the executors and trustees of his estate.

In January 2013, tom told sam that he wanted him to hold the property on trust for Mistress bella, a professional dominatrix whose services tom had regularly used for the past ten years. sam agreed, but in March 2013, after hearing a speech on family virtues by the leader of the opposition in Parliament, he wrote to tom and told him that he was now converted to the importance of the family, and would be prepared to act as trustee for a widow, but not for a mistress. In July 2013 tom secretly married bella, and then remade his will in identical terms; bella was one of three witnesses to the will. In September 2013, tom for the first time told mike of his desire that mike should hold Mansions” for bella. Mike immediately responded that he believed bella to be immoral and would never do anything to benefit her. On hearing this tom had a stroke and immediately died. Following tom death, sam was informed of the marriage between Tom and Bella.

can someone tell me what issues arise?.

there is similar post but top issues not been answered.

theres no certainity for the A) clause, but i think b clause is a gift and am not sure with clause c. SHED SOME LIGHT anyone

Also i think for bella - theres a had secret trust? am i right anyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending