The Student Room Group

Does anyone agree with ISIS?

Just wondered does anyone on this forum agree with all or part of what ISIS is doing. If so which parts. For example maybe you agree with their plans for a caliphate but not the rest. Or you agree that they should destroy idols. Or you might think what they are doing is totally wrong. Just interested. No judgement.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Not at all. Someone needs to wipe these madmen, these wicked criminals, off the face of the Earth.
Reply 2
Well they do have a lovely fashion sense. :rolleyes:
Anyone in Britain who supports any single thing ISIS is doing should be put in prison indefinitely, until they are defeated. I would have no trouble with putting their hardcore fans to death.

This is not a matter of freedom of speech. We are at war. Freedom of speech can be momentarily suspended as part of the war effort. We wouldn't have tolerated Nazi sympathies during WWII.
Reply 4
Original post by felamaslen
Anyone in Britain who supports any single thing ISIS is doing should be put in prison indefinitely, until they are defeated. I would have no trouble with putting their hardcore fans to death.

This is not a matter of freedom of speech. We are at war. Freedom of speech can be momentarily suspended as part of the war effort. We wouldn't have tolerated Nazi sympathies during WWII.

Whilst I don't agree with ISIS. I also don't agree with suspending freedom of speech and putting anyone who remotely agrees with ISIS to death, we don't want to become like them. You do know that not of all the Nazis had a choice, right? If they wanted to live, i'm not condoning what they did, but just making sure you understand that not all of the Nazis were evil. Some were just German people trying to survive, same with ISIS. They're not all evil.
What I believe is it is every man's secret fantasy to be in a war , destroying things, controlling others and being a leader and a hero and being part of a group

I think our society is materialistic, narcissistic and empty and people need meaning.
(edited 9 years ago)
There are quite a few on TSR, they just don't have the temerity or authenticity to announce it.
Reply 7
Original post by noobynoo
Just wondered does anyone on this forum agree with all or part of what ISIS is doing. If so which parts. For example maybe you agree with their plans for a caliphate but not the rest. Or you agree that they should destroy idols. Or you might think what they are doing is totally wrong. Just interested. No judgement.

No. This subset of Islam in an enemy to the UK.

If it wasn't illegal and I had an army, I'd slaughter them, their sympathizers and their families so that no Muslim ever defied the west in such a way again. I despise Islamists.

Original post by democracyforum
What I believe is it is every man's secret fantasy to be in a war , destroying things, controlling others and being a leader and a hero.

I think our society is materialistic, narcissistic and empty and people need meaning.

There is an old saying which says something like 'half of all humans secretly yearn to rule, the other half secretly yearn to be ruled.
ISIS remind me of the 2011 rioters.

Pure emotion and doing what you have always wanted. Smashing windows and burning down buildings for fun.
Reply 9
Original post by felamaslen

While I think that one can think what they like, anybody protesting or in general bearing their flag should indeed be imprisoned. This would also have to apply to the internet since its now a source of propaganda.
Original post by Rakas21
While I think that one can think what they like, anybody protesting or in general bearing their flag should indeed be imprisoned. This would also have to apply to the internet since its now a source of propaganda.

Yes, they would have been hung for the equivalent during WWII, and rightly so.
Reply 11
How can anyone in their right mind support these barbaric pigs and their ideologies?
Absolutely not. They're a bunch of genocidal nutters who need to be exterminated with extreme prejudice and at all costs. They're basically trying to set up and then expand their own brutal dictatorial theocracy, and they must not be allowed to succeed.
Original post by Sneferu
Whilst I don't agree with ISIS. I also don't agree with suspending freedom of speech and putting anyone who remotely agrees with ISIS to death, we don't want to become like them. You do know that not of all the Nazis had a choice, right? If they wanted to live, i'm not condoning what they did, but just making sure you understand that not all of the Nazis were evil. Some were just German people trying to survive, same with ISIS. They're not all evil.

I wouldn't agree with putting mere casual supporters to death. But there is a scale, isn't there? I mean, you're not telling me you want to see Jihadi John kept alive? If not, surely it isn't that big of a step to say that "hardcore" domestic supporters of this tyranny (e.g. aids, people who raise funds for IS, other traitors) should also receive a bullet in the head for their trouble, or at the very least an indefinite period behind bars.

Regarding all Nazis or IS members being evil, well the only ones who are not "evil" are the ones who have been coerced into it. While I'm not claiming that this doesn't occur, it is rather irrelevant with respect to the danger an IS member poses for freedom. If I am fighting a war, I am not going to stop and consider whether my enemy truly believes in what he is fighting for before I pull the trigger against him, because by that time he will have pulled it against me.
Original post by noobynoo

they are worse than the Nazis. the Nazis did not destroy archaeological sites. i am proud that my tax money is being used to wipe these ****ers out.
Who's mentally disturbed enough to support such a group? Yikes! After hearing the story about them feeding a son to his own mother I literally threw up.
Reply 16
They have killed more Muslims then they have anyone else, whilst claiming they are Muslim; how can anyone agree with an evil as hell-bent as this?

Spoiler

Original post by ImNotMe
They have killed more Muslims then they have anyone else, whilst claiming they are Muslim; how can anyone agree with an evil as hell-bent as this?

Spoiler

Isis only deal with absolutes. If your not with them then your a non-Muslim.
Reply 18
Original post by Rakas21
Isis only deal with absolutes. If your not with them then your a non-Muslim.

They have at some point violated every Islamic rule of war. I think it's easy to distinguish who the non-Muslims are.
Yeah, I agree with Isis' sick guitar riffs:

:headbang:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending