The Student Room Group

What's the best age to be?

What's your optimum age? If you had to stay one age, what would it be?

Someone I know says their optimum age is 25... young enough to still have fun, old enough to start a family/settle down if they wanted.

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
21. Exams behind you, no commitments and the youthfulness to put up with travel and risk.
Reply 3
Whatever it is, I haven't hit it yet.
Anywhere between 21-25 for me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm quite looking forward to being 60 :holmes:

I want to skip 30-59 though :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by BurstingBubbles

Someone I know says their optimum age is 25... young enough to still have fun, old enough to start a family/settle down if they wanted.

What do you think?

I'm 26. Thank you. :frown:

Nap times, kids TV, no responsibilities, totally acceptable to have public emotional breakdowns.
Original post by BurstingBubbles

What do you think?

Is there really an age where you're too old to have fun though? :holmes:
I think your 30s are supposed to be alright.
Honestly not sure. Anytime before GCSEs is good I guess, but then also when you've just finished uni and don't have to do anything...anytime you don't have to do anything, basically.
7, old enough to do most things for yourself, i.e dress yourself, feed yourself ect, you can understand what's going on but you have no commitments or worries.
Reply 13
Reply 14
50: If you have kids, they are probably old enough to go on by themselves (not financially) but they are still young enough to still live with you. Your career is probably already settled or if you are lucky, rising. You still have the energy and the physical to realise your dreams, like bunjee jumping.
And most important of all: You are probably no longer in school!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shadowdweller

If there is i'd like to die before then.
19 has been my favourite age so far (I'm 21 now) Obviously that will possibly change as life progresses.
Original post by shadowdweller

For certain kinds of fun there certainly is.
Being 16/17 was pretty great. I'm 18 now but have only experienced 6 months of being 18, and they've been during A2s, so I havent done anything 'amazing', but I'm hoping this summer will be one of the best. I can't wait to be 19/20/21 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
23 has been a pretty good age for me, and a few others I know have enjoyed being 23 too- however, most of my late teens/early 20s has been pretty fun, and I don't predict life will get any less fun.

Part of me is looking forward to my 30s too, because I have this idea that in my 30s I will be financially secure and self assured, but I am pretty sure when I was 14, I probably thought this about my 20s.

I don't think you're ever too old to have fun, but I do enjoy physical, risk taking sports, such as horse-riding, surfing, white-water kayaking etc, and I think my capacity to do these will eventually decrease with age. I also know a lot of women stop enjoying these sorts of sports as much after having children, so if I have children, I expect that could happen for me too.

Quick Reply

Latest