The Student Room Group

Changing personal statement after applying

Is it possible to make changes to your personal statement and resubmit directly to the university, and will this affect how they view your application?

I suppose in this case, they'll see the UCAS one and then they'll see the one you send them, but will that affect your application negatively?

I don't want to change the whole thing, it was just to clarify a couple of points I made, make my academic interests a bit clearer, and take a couple of sentences out. I'm applying to Bath, and the admissions officer has apparently not read any of the applications yet.
Original post by ar-bath
Is it possible to make changes to your personal statement and resubmit directly to the university, and will this affect how they view your application?

I suppose in this case, they'll see the UCAS one and then they'll see the one you send them, but will that affect your application negatively?

I don't want to change the whole thing, it was just to clarify a couple of points I made, make my academic interests a bit clearer, and take a couple of sentences out. I'm applying to Bath, and the admissions officer has apparently not read any of the applications yet.

You cannot alter your Ucas form. There is nothing to stop you contacting the university and asking them if they will accept a second statement, but it is entirely up to them whether they are interested in doing this or not, and it will vary from department to department. All anyone can tell you on here is to call them and ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending