The Student Room Group

If you were offered free plastic/cosmetic surgery, would you accept it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by frankieboy
What's wrong with your nose? I'm not quite spotting it. Does it have a massive bogey up there or summat? :tongue:

I think everyone probably has a mole of skin defect they would accept plastic surgery for. However things like nose jobs, I'm not sure.

Anyway. You are not a person who needs a nose job from what I can see. Unless your pic is taken at a 'careful' angle.

Edit - I'd get a cock reduction. Heaven knows I need one :cool:

I don't need or want a nose job, and I've grown to like my nose but I always felt it was too wide/bumpy :dontknow: But it's a classic nose in my family and I love that about it so I wouldn't change it.

And lmfao seems legit :laugh:
Reply 121
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Go to space for a few months: you come back a few inches taller.

Really? Do you think there is a height limit to being an astronaut?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I'm imperfect that's why I'm special :biggrin:
Original post by Precious Illusions
You keep mentioning pics but don't show them :colonhash:

I don't want every jabroni in chat to see what I look like.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd only want laser eye surgery as I hate wearing glasses and contacts :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mickybee
Better hairline or forehead reduction.

Would probably echo this especially when a certain relative is like in a loud voice saying "Oh his hair is thinning" and says it about three or four times and then says "My hair hasn't thinned" like to rub it in sorta thing

On the plus side I quite suit short hair or no hair!
No. I think that plastic surgery should be reserved for people who have been disfigured by disease or accident, such as if they have suffered burns.
Inspired by this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3184147

So, whatever you're really insecure about - if you were offered some kind of plastic or cosmetic surgery for free to change it, ie nosejob etc, would you take it?

The above thread got me thinking, and whilst I've always been unhappy with certain aspects of my appearance, I don't think I would want to change them. I've always had insecurities about my nose but then I think that it's...a part of me, it's the same as my Mum's and I like that. I should add, I'm not all that insecure about it anymore - t'was more in my early-mid teens. I'm just interested in others opinions. :smile:

So...what about you guys?

Also what do you think about this? http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/05/this-man-has-spent-40000-to-look-like-katie-price-and-it-didnt-work-5089859/

I probably would :frown: I really hate my nose.

I'm just an insecure stressed teenager! Yay
Yes, I'd get some little moles removed. :tongue:
I've got a benign lump under my armpit that I'd like removed, but that's about it really.

Years ago when I was feeling really insecure and ugly, I briefly wondered about plastic surgery to my face. Now I'm not so bothered anymore, and I have a boyfriend anyway so I can't be that bad :lol:. I'm not perfect, but who is? Anyway, tons of people who get cosmetic surgery still feel insecure afterwards anyway, and sometimes it messes up the way they look too.
If it was free; i'd get my nose done, and my chest / torso sculpted into the shape of an amazing 6 pack and rock hard pecs

oh also i'd probably get my teeth completely veneered.

and maybe reconstruct the lower portion of my face to give me a more defined jaw line.

If I had to pick one though i'd go for the body shaping.
Penis reduction
If I was guaranteed to like the results, then yeah I'd get a nose job.
Original post by carasezmoo
Really? Do you think there is a height limit to being an astronaut?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, the microgravity environment causes the fluid in your intervertebral discs to expand: meaning you get taller in space! You soon get shorter again when you come back to Earth, though. :frown:

There isn't a height limit to being an astronaut. :no:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BCMFM16
I probably would :frown: I really hate my nose. I'm just an insecure stressed teenager! Yay

Is it because you're a tiger?

Original post by King Boo
If it was free; i'd get my nose done, and my chest / torso sculpted into the shape of an amazing 6 pack and rock hard pecs oh also i'd probably get my teeth completely veneered. and maybe reconstruct the lower portion of my face to give me a more defined jaw line. If I had to pick one though i'd go for the body shaping.

So...everything?
Original post by Arkasia
Is it because you're a tiger?

So...everything?

hahahaahhahaahhaha no.
Yeah I definitely would get cosmetic surgery for my acne scars/hyperpigmented skin on my face, and areas of my body I don't like...

I wouldn't change the way I look though, like some crazy people would do. I'd just try to get rid of my small flaws
(edited 9 years ago)
Inspired by this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3184147

So, whatever you're really insecure about - if you were offered some kind of plastic or cosmetic surgery for free to change it, ie nosejob etc, would you take it?

The above thread got me thinking, and whilst I've always been unhappy with certain aspects of my appearance, I don't think I would want to change them. I've always had insecurities about my nose but then I think that it's...a part of me, it's the same as my Mum's and I like that. I should add, I'm not all that insecure about it anymore - t'was more in my early-mid teens. I'm just interested in others opinions. :smile:

So...what about you guys?

Also what do you think about this? http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/05/this-man-has-spent-40000-to-look-like-katie-price-and-it-didnt-work-5089859/

if someone is hideously deformed then this kind if treatment is suitable. otherwise it is not needed. your nose looks fine btw.

that guy nathan has ended up looking like the woman off Eurythmics rather than Jordan.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
So...everything?

Evidently I'm more insecure than I thought! Hah!
Original post by The_Internet
Would probably echo this especially when a certain relative is like in a loud voice saying "Oh his hair is thinning" and says it about three or four times and then says "My hair hasn't thinned" like to rub it in sorta thing

On the plus side I quite suit short hair or no hair!

Everyone I've mentioned it too says I look great and I look fine either way. Still can't help feeling like I could do with a better hairline. I have a widows peak and it just makes my head look massive.

Quick Reply

Latest