The Student Room Group

Girl bullied to death.

Scroll to see replies

Bullying should be treated like an offence.
Reply 2
Original post by German123
Bullying should be treated like an offence.

Like an offence or as an offence?
editting: since you trolls keep misquoting me and taking what I said out of context.

Do you not think it sucks that she was actually quite pretty but because of other people's comments made she was made to think she was ugly?
(edited 9 years ago)
Bullying is not taken as seriously or punished anywhere near as harshly as it should be.
Original post by mrnh
Like an offence or as an offence?

Both. Offence is an offence and should not be tolerated.
Reply 6

Agreed.
Reply 7

So, what punishment would you give for bullying?
Reply 8
"girl bullied to death" it makes me happy that you worded the title like this, because you acknowledge that the bullying directly caused it. A lot of people would say "girl kills herself because she was bullied" or something, not recognising that she didn't really chooseit. Just a speculation :P

It makes me so sad that these things happen and I really don't know what I can do about it :'(

Original post by mrnh

Hmm...I don't know tbh but there must be something tht should teach the bullies a lesson.
Original post by ChickenMadness
dang she's good looking as well.

Yeah, she wasn't ugly, I'm not sure why they called her that. Sad. A young life wasted because stupid bullies.
Apologies for this pretty cynical comment. But seriously, children of First World Countries should be taught there are far more bigger problems in life than wanting to end your life because of a bunch of jealous idiots. I'm not trying to undermine whatever she went through-- but if you don't know how bad things can get, you are going to take extreme measures for incidents which, honestly, do not warrant those.

I mean, look into the poorer areas. People have no family, no friends, no food, no housing, no security and are still, still struggling to survive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Very sad story. :sad:
Original post by Jibola240
Yeah, she wasn't ugly, I'm not sure why they called her that. Sad. A young life wasted because stupid bullies.

ye it's weird. She seemed like a really nice person from the article. I'd guess the ring leaders were jealous and then the rest just followed the ring leaders.
Reply 14
Original post by louieee
"girl bullied to death" it makes me happy that you worded the title like this, because you acknowledge that the bullying directly caused it. A lot of people would say "girl kills herself because she was bullied" or something, not recognising that she didn't really chooseit. Just a speculation :P

It makes me so sad that these things happen and I really don't know what I can do about it :'(

In regards to Izzie Dix and the links posted in the OP. Izzie's mother runs the Izzy Dix Memorial Group, So you could always message their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/IzzyDixAntiBullyingMemorialPage
or email Izzie's mother through her friend the blogger and Daily Mail writer Maddie Sinclair here http://gammonandchips.com/contactblogger/

To let them know your thoughts. I'm sure it would make them very happy to know that you care.
Reply 15
Original post by Alpha510
Apologies for this pretty cynical comment. But seriously, children of First World Countries should be taught there are far more bigger problems in life than wanting to end your life because of a bunch of jealous idiots. I'm not trying to undermine whatever she went through-- but if you don't know how bad things can get, you are going to take extreme measures for incidents which, honestly, do not warrant those.

I mean, look into the poorer areas. People have no family, no friends, no food, no housing, no security and are still, still struggling to survive.

I see your point. On the other hand to quote comedian Doug Stanhope.

'How does your problems being bad, make my problems any better'.
Tbh people tried to bully me at school, I was always willing to fight. I wasnt the strongest but between me and them I would take it the furthest... She should of just changed schools told her mum, teachers or even police etc. Not saying I dont feel for her but I dont really by into "bullied to death" I swear on my life now Ive had gangsters after me from ages of 15-19 and Im still here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that there are far too many low life scum parents out there raising low life scum.

While humans are all different, it is very much up to a parent how to raise the child and what values to instill.
Original post by mrnh

Juvie.
Original post by Alpha510

I think you underestimate the effect that bullying can have on the mind, I wouldn't be surprised if a child from a third world country would commit suicide after being bullied to the same extent.Human relationships are important in all world countries and if they are very bad and abusive then it can lead to mental issues you should consider bullying as GMH(grievous mental harm) like being beaten up physically there is only so much insults you can take mentally before you commit suicide and physically you die, I think everyone has their breaking point when facing this sort of abuse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending