The Student Room Group

Men have nothing to gain from marriage

I often laugh at married men and think "idiots" you will slave at work while shes at home pretending to be busy with the kids. You will pay all the bills, holidays, house and in the end she takes the lot and you endup in a shared house aged 43 living with students. Lol its funny but a very common outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I fail to see how that lifestyle is in any way limited to married couples.
Reply 2
I'm surprised the BeEasy guy didn't create this thread.
Reply 3
The whole reason I'm going to university is to get a degree which will hopefully help towards me getting a decent job with a decent salary. I also hope to get married in the future and have a few kids of my own but I would never string my boyfriend along for a ride if I wasn't serious about our relationship. I would never get married with the mindset of "f it we'll only end up getting divorced". It sounds pretty old fashioned but when I get married I want it to be for life, not until one of us gets bored. I don't ever want my future kids to grow up not knowing whether they're staying at their mum or dad's house at the weekend.

It's kinda sad to see that there actually are women out there which exist exactly as you described. And unfortunately for the minority of us who don't want to string you along for a ride, we're being tarred with the same brush :frown:
A lot of people feel they have to get married because of society pressures. It's almost as if it's on their bucket list waiting to be completed so they can say to everyone in their life, "Hey, I got married, I've just grown in success."
Reply 5
Fitting:

[video="youtube;New0vJ9sX1w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=New0vJ9sX1w[/video]
Love how the posters in thread think men never cheat...
Reply 7
Women cheat. Men cheat. People cheat. It happens. Yes, it sucks. But if you are going to live your life in fear of it happening all the time, and not bothering to move on with your life because of it, well that is a pretty pathetic existence.

For every failed marriage, there is a successful one.
Reply 8
Original post by titl3y
The whole reason I'm going to university is to get a degree which will hopefully help towards me getting a decent job with a decent salary. I also hope to get married in the future and have a few kids of my own but I would never string my boyfriend along for a ride if I wasn't serious about our relationship. I would never get married with the mindset of "f it we'll only end up getting divorced". It sounds pretty old fashioned but when I get married I want it to be for life, not until one of us gets bored. I don't ever want my future kids to grow up not knowing whether they're staying at their mum or dad's house at the weekend.

It's kinda sad to see that there actually are women out there which exist exactly as you described. And unfortunately for the minority of us who don't want to string you along for a ride, we're being tarred with the same brush :frown:

You're right, and like you said you are a minority, a very small minority at that. Which is why men should never get married, it only ends up in heartache for the man who gets cheated on and a broken home for the kids.
Original post by BlackberryBoss
I often laugh at married men and think "idiots" you will slave at work while shes at home pretending to be busy with the kids.

When you have kids you'll realise just how wrong that is :lol:
Original post by Izzyeviel
Love how the posters in thread think men never cheat...

I'm pretty sure more men have cheated than women, so I don't know who these sex-crazed and unsatisfied women they're talking about are.
I can't help but think this redpill thing is nothing but women being bored with there partners in bed. This video discusses it from the male perspective, but the reverse is true too. [video="youtube;GvowcsC0CAY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvowcsC0CAY[/video]
Some guys are snobs they like to get married soo ****ing annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'm more horrified that people like BeEasy123 exist...
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
I can't help but think this redpill thing is nothing but women being bored with there partners in bed. This video discusses it from the male perspective, but the reverse is true too. [video="youtube;GvowcsC0CAY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvowcsC0CAY[/video]

Tbh, not trying to be rude or put down men but it is much easier to pleasure them physically than women, and I think there's some alarming statistic that say 1/3 women can't/hasn't cum from vaginal sex alone. Sex is (often) a lot more complicated for women, often emotional connection can bring greater enjoyment (sometimes but not always) and I imagine that's it's difficult for men to understand female enjoyment of sex and how to produce that/cater to their partner's needs. So women would tend to be less satisfied.
I often laugh at married men and think "idiots" you will slave at work while shes at home pretending to be busy with the kids. You will pay all the bills, holidays, house and in the end she takes the lot and you endup in a shared house aged 43 living with students. Lol its funny but a very common outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3129269

http://family-studies.org/why-men-resist-marriage-even-though-they-benefit-the-most-from-it/

http://healthland.time.com/2010/11/19/who-needs-marriage-men-apparently/

Seems like you might be cutting your nose of to spite your face on this one.
Original post by Brit_Miller
When you have kids you'll realise just how wrong that is :lol:

Got em

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amen to this OP! It's better to just stay unmarried, have a long term girlfriend if you want but never ever let her get that ring on her finger. When she gets too old you can easily ditch her for a hotter girl if you're not married - if you're married doing this will cost you half your stuff.

I've no idea how you can say that then - it's bloody hard work!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand why your so sceptical, marriage is more than a ring. It's a message showing you love that person and you will stay with them for the rest of your life helping them. Often in a marriage having one parent (often the mother) stay at home is greatly beneficial to the children. My mum stayed at home and we all had a much more free and exciting childhood, I don't remember ever watching TV. Instead we'd go on bike rides and collect frogspawn and cook make dens and have fun outside. I think it's much better than sitting in a room with many other children who are not your siblings and your parents work. Men (or women) choose to help provide for a family to give them the best. Therefore it's not then you should feel sorry for it's you, because I bet they work hard they go home and get to see what a wonderful family they have. marriage is great and you are wrong here...

Quick Reply

Latest