The Student Room Group

HMRC - Customer Service consultant

Has anyone else had an interview for this and are still awaiting a response saying if you've been successful or not ? I went for an interview on the 7th Feb and was told the interviews where finishing on the 20th and I'd be contacted soon after, but I've heard nothing yet.

On the civil service website under the feedback tab it just says this:

Interview feedback below
Interview feedback:

Selection exercise 1:
Your application is awaiting review.

Selection exercise 2:

Selection exercise 3:

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Same here. I had my interview on 7th Feb. However I was told that, though they originally planned to give an answer by the end of Feb, it then seemed unlikely and would probably be contacted in March.
Got a provisional offer, DBS and references still need to go through. Mind, I got the offer only after I e-mailed asking, if results are available.
Reply 3
Have you been sent a Health Declaration form via email which you've been asked to complete and return to a certain email address??
Original post by Kleer91
Have you been sent a Health Declaration form via email which you've been asked to complete and return to a certain email address??

No, sorry! I've only filled forms on the interview day and then provided additional information on the civil service web page after receiving a provisional offer.

Did you receive a provisional offer and they sent you this form afterwards? If not, I'd ask why it's needed. It's a type of document you'd expect to fill after receiving and accepting a formal offer...
Reply 5
Yeah they've provisionally offered me a job as well. They sent me an email advising they need to send off for my DBS (CRB) check and the certificate will get sent to me which I will need to send to them. They said all of the checks can take up to 4 weeks.
They also asked me to fill out a Health Declaration and send it back to the email address stated in the email but i've done it 3x now and there seems to be a problem with it either getting over-looked or they've given me an incorrect email address. I've even emailed them asking if they can send me a courtesy email once they've received the form and still no response. I even sent the email with high priority. Ive called the office where i would be working and they've just told me to email that address again, even though there seems to be a problem with it and it's obviously going to be holding me back because they can't clear me fully without that.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

Which site have you applied for? Mine's in Peterlee
Sorry to hear that!

Perhaps call them up and ask if you can fax the form or send it to a different address as it obviously isn't working?

I haven't had a request for a Health Declaration so far.

If successful, I most likely would be working in Cardiff, however I did have two other location choices.
Reply 7
Hi.
Just to say that I'm in the same position as you two - I received a provisional offer, and now waiting for the checks to complete (I'll be based in Cardiff also, Evelyn).
Reply 8
I think mine have all been completed now. I'm not sure if they've even checked my references or not, but they've received my DBS check, my Health Declaration form and I've also had a phone consultation with an Occupational Health advisor today, which they make you do if you've put down any health issues on your Health Declaration form. I'm not just waiting for a start date.
I actually applied for this job in December! So it's taken until now.. Such a drag.

Hopefully you both get sorted soon. And I also hope this job is worth the wait!
How did you sort out your Health Declaration? They never attached the form to the e-mail and also are not very prompt in replying to e-mails.

My DBS has been posted and I haven't heard from my referees about them being contacted. Perhaps they do it only if there are some issues with the DBS regarding previous employment?

I applied last year too, it is a drag, but in all honesty they have been more efficient than some graduate programmes, for example, I had to wait for an answer from M&S for 2 months after the assessment centre. It's a good steady job with a decent pay, so I dare to say it will be worth it at the end.

I hope to see you there then kasharic :biggrin:
Reply 10
Hi all, just a quick question, I've also been made a provisional offer and I received my Dsb certificate last week, am I meant to send it to Hmrc or would they also receive a copy?
Thx
Ada27, did they not give you a document with your DBS Application number and information regarding the certificate once you've received it?

They do not receive a copy. You have two options - either you register with a DBS update service (costs 12 GBP if I'm not mistaken) and you send them an e-mail to [email protected] saying that you have or send the certificate by registered post ASAP to Civil Service Resourcing BSS team, Room BP5101, Benton Park View, Longbenton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE98 1YX. They will then return the certificate by post after it has been processed.

Did you receive a Health Declaration Form at all? They never attached it to my e-mail and have failed to respond to my e-mails asking about it for two weeks now.
Reply 12
I went for an interview at the beginning of february and received an email saying that I had provisionally been offered the job a month ago, pending checks. Then, 2 days later they sent another email saying that it had been sent in error, that I hadn't been provisionally offered the job, they were still deciding as the amount of applicants was huge and they should let me know towards the end of March. I'm still waiting. I'm based in Glasgow. Did anyone else have the same thing happen to them?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Hi, i also havent received a health declaration form after receiving my provisional offer,
i'm also in the same boat as in i've received an offer on the 9th march and not heard anything back since then..
Does anyone have any updates??? as its taking ages now and it said in the email the start dates were in april.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
I have a copy of the email with the attached health form
I also received a provisional offer at the start of March but have not heard anything since. I haven't received a health declaration form and was never asked to forward my disclosure form to them. I did, however received a copy of my disclosure today so I will call them tomorrow to see if they also received a copy - although I'm pretty sure they will have as they were the ones who technically applied for the certificate (this process might just be different for me as I'm using Disclosure Scotland).

I was wondering, does anybody know what a provisional offer actually means? For example, do you think every candidate who was successful at interview has received one, and then a majority of those candidates will go onto a merit list, or do you think that only a small percentage of people received provisional offers, whilst others got a 'you're being placed on a merit list' email? I'm just still not sure what to make of the offer email.
(edited 8 years ago)
Kleer91 could you forward the e-mail, pretty please? I have been unsuccessful getting an answer from HMRC and Civil Service HR. I'll send you my e-mail address in a private message.

From what I know the law changed in June 2013 and the registered body requesting the DBS check no longer receives a copy of the certificate. You could be right, Patriot12, and the law could be different in Scotland, but for the candidates in Wales and England, I am quite sure they need to send the certificate to the address I gave. Anyway you're better off checking with them.

Marx_1, the guys I had the interview with knew to say the start dates would be most likely moved to May as they did not think they'd manage on time for April.

A provisional offer to my mind is an offer that is a subject of meeting requirements - in our case DBS, references, health issues. I believe only as many people as there are vacancies receive the offer and they get the job once the requirements are met. If for some reason the requirements are not met, the person no longer has the job offer and a provisional offer is given to someone else, who is on top of 'a merit list', but didn't make the first offer cut. Something quite similar to a university's conditional offer?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
i'm a bit at ease knowing other people are in the same situation, thanks for the update evelyn_buttons, i do hope the provisional offer is made according to vacancies available as it would be a shame to wait for so long for hmrc and reject other job offers in the meantime only to be put on a merit list.
i think as there are quite a few hundred vacancies all being processed at the same time this would cause the delay, i do hope they hurry up, realistically i think we will probz start at the start of may.

i havent received the health declaration form also if its possible could you forward it to me also Kleer91
Marx_1, I believe there are 1600 vacancies in total over Wales, Scotland and England. So it is quite a bit of a load.
Reply 19
Hi Evelyn,

I will forward the email to you once i get home. Just finished my first day at HMRC, draining with all the paperwork, reading and security/confidentiality you have to go through!

So far so good... (touch wood!)

Quick Reply

Latest