The Student Room Group

HMRC - Customer Service consultant

Scroll to see replies

Got conditional offer waiting on DBS check to come back got sent off a couple weeks ago and seems to be forever sorting it out guess its through pile they have to deal with :frown:
Reply 161
Anybody received an email with an offer to start in Glasgow 28th September?
Reply 162
Hi I just wanted to know if the scenario based questions at the interview are based on the competencies for the role?
Hi
Long shot here but I'm waiting for a provisional offer to be made definite
I'm confused though as I've tried to e mail the resource centre to find out timescale for pre employment checks and the e mail just bounced back
How do I contact them
It's a month since offer was made
Reply 164
Original post by ColeJ1969
Hi
Long shot here but I'm waiting for a provisional offer to be made definite
I'm confused though as I've tried to e mail the resource centre to find out timescale for pre employment checks and the e mail just bounced back
How do I contact them
It's a month since offer was made

Hi ColeJ1969

Is this for the recent AO role? I'm in exactly the same position. Provisional offer was made in the middle of November. Still waiting for DBS check to come through and know my referees were only contacted a few days before Christmas. I've emailed twice with no reply. Starting to go a bit mad waiting.
Original post by djns13
Hi ColeJ1969

Is this for the recent AO role? I'm in exactly the same position. Provisional offer was made in the middle of November. Still waiting for DBS check to come through and know my referees were only contacted a few days before Christmas. I've emailed twice with no reply. Starting to go a bit mad waiting.

Yes I applied in September
Interview October 22
Provisional offer made 18th November
And still waiting to hear anything
My one referee is a close friend and she hasn't heard anything
I'm a bit worried because there will be something on my DBS , a caution which was nearly 8 years ago for a domestic incident with my ex husband
Hi guys,

I seem to be in a similar situation with some of you and wondering if anyone can help.

I applied for the AO job with HMRC in September 2015 and went for my interview in October. In December I received a provisional offer but that's been it until now. I haven't heard back from them in regards to a formal offer. I've received my DBS and I know my personal referees have been contacted. They also asked me to fill a health declaration form. It's been almost 2 months now since I received that provisional offer. I was told that if successful we would be taking up duty from Feb 2016. The wait is driving me crazy! Does anyone have a contact number or something? I feel like I am the only one :frown:
Original post by cookie_crumble
Hi guys,

I seem to be in a similar situation with some of you and wondering if anyone can help.

I applied for the AO job with HMRC in September 2015 and went for my interview in October. In December I received a provisional offer but that's been it until now. I haven't heard back from them in regards to a formal offer. I've received my DBS and I know my personal referees have been contacted. They also asked me to fill a health declaration form. It's been almost 2 months now since I received that provisional offer. I was told that if successful we would be taking up duty from Feb 2016. The wait is driving me crazy! Does anyone have a contact number or something? I feel like I am the only one :frown:

I'm still waiting too
I had my DBS check which I had to send off
They gave me an e mail address to contact of needed but I can't send an e mail to it , it tries to send and won't go
As far as I know my referees haven't been contacted , one is my current job and one is a personal friend
I was told job was starting February
Want to apply for other jobs but while waiting for this it seems pointless , thoroughly fed up waiting
I haven't got a contact number either
Original post by cookie_crumble
Hi guys,

I accepted a provisional offer for an AO role in East Kilbride just over two weeks ago and have heard nothing since. Thinking now that it could be a few more weeks yet. Don't have a contact number, sent a couple of emails but no reply, been checking my application centre constantly but will just have to wait it out I think.
Original post by trundlethegreat
I accepted a provisional offer for an AO role in East Kilbride just over two weeks ago and have heard nothing since. Thinking now that it could be a few more weeks yet. Don't have a contact number, sent a couple of emails but no reply, been checking my application centre constantly but will just have to wait it out I think.

It's so frustrating e mailing and getting no response , why give out provisional offers then no updates on progress
Are they expecting people to just hang on indefinitely
I bet a lot of provisional offer people find other jobs before getting any confirmation of a job offer
Reply 170
Hey guys,

I know that this is quite an old post but I really need help and advice.

So basically I have applied for the Customer Service consultant role at HMRC. As soon as I submitted my application I was invited for a online sift test which was conducted of 15 questions.

As far as I am aware I passed it because it just says online test complete and my friend did the same test on the same day as me and when he finished his test, he told me that he was unsuccessful passing the online sift test, so I'm assuming I have passed it.

Can I please have information of what questions they may ask and all the other things you guys had to do.

Please give me as much information as you can, if you don't mind, I've had a rough few years and getting this job would be a massive new start for me, I know I shouldn't have my heart in getting this job just in case I don't but I want to be prepared as much as possible.

Thanks guys
Original post by Shaz K
Hey guys,

I know that this is quite an old post but I really need help and advice.

So basically I have applied for the Customer Service consultant role at HMRC. As soon as I submitted my application I was invited for a online sift test which was conducted of 15 questions.

As far as I am aware I passed it because it just says online test complete and my friend did the same test on the same day as me and when he finished his test, he told me that he was unsuccessful passing the online sift test, so I'm assuming I have passed it.

Can I please have information of what questions they may ask and all the other things you guys had to do.

Please give me as much information as you can, if you don't mind, I've had a rough few years and getting this job would be a massive new start for me, I know I shouldn't have my heart in getting this job just in case I don't but I want to be prepared as much as possible.

Thanks guys

If you log back in and got to ur live link for the job click on it then press feedback it should give u ur score ! But it dose sound like u have passed so well done! Where u applied for? They will just ask u a time when u have done bla bla and tell me a time u have achieved a goal I hope this helps and don't worry
How did your interview go?

I previously had one too X good luck
Reply 173
Hi I have an interview with HMRC, AO grade, I was wondering if you could help me. I wanted to know what sort of questions they asked in the interview. I could really do with all the info so I can prep myself! Getting this job would really mean a lot to me. For the past few years I have struggled to get myself an interview/job.

Thanking you in advance!
Reply 174
Hi, would be kind enough to give me any info/questions asked in the interview. I could do with as much as info as i can get so i can prep myself for my interview with HMRC AO role. Thanks
They'll give you a situation and you'll be asked how you'd respond to it. The candidate pack will give you more information.*
Hi guys, got a question for the people who are already working as a customer service consultant. I was wondering is overtime freely available guys? I know the working hours can be from 8am to 10pm if I'm correct so is it possible to request overtime and it's given freely if available? Or are you only allowed to work the maximum of 37 hours a week?
Original post by icon2007123
Hi guys, got a question for the people who are already working as a customer service consultant. I was wondering is overtime freely available guys? I know the working hours can be from 8am to 10pm if I'm correct so is it possible to request overtime and it's given freely if available? Or are you only allowed to work the maximum of 37 hours a week?

There is the chance to do over time in my contact centre; pretty much every Saturday (all day) and maybe the occasional Friday (mainly evening hours).*

You can also build up flexi aswell, by coming in earlier or staying later, even taking 30 min lunch instead of an hour!*
That's great news! Iv applied for the Nottingham location and have had my interview so feeling confident :smile:

What about during the week days Monday to Thursday? Or Sunday's etc?

If you don't mind could you explain how flexi works? I'm coming from a self employed background so this is completely different haha.

If for example your work pattern finishes at 4pm can you stay working after till say 7-8pm freely? Or when your shift ends you Leave?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rebecca_:)
There is the chance to do over time in my contact centre; pretty much every Saturday (all day) and maybe the occasional Friday (mainly evening hours).*

You can also build up flexi aswell, by coming in earlier or staying later, even taking 30 min lunch instead of an hour!*

That's great news! Iv applied for the Nottingham location and have had my interview so feeling confident What about during the week days Monday to Thursday? Or Sunday's etc?If you don't mind could you explain how flexi works? I'm coming from a self employed background so this is completely different haha.If for example your work pattern finishes at 4pm can you stay working after till say 7-8pm freely? Or when your shift ends you Leave?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending