The Student Room Group

Psychology Mres / University of Manchester 2015

Hi everyone,

I've been admitted to the MRes Psychology at the University of Manchester but I have not take a decision yet.

Does anyone took or is taking the course at the UoM? Is it good?

Does the School of Psychology has a good reputation within UK/Europe?

And, what about the reputation of the University? Some local rankings, positioned the University down in the table. Contrary to the International Rankings, where UoM is considered within the Top 7 in Europe. Why is that?

Thanks for your help!!!
I haven't applied for it yet, will do it in a couple of days. I have applied for similar programs in Bath, Exeter, Glasgow and Edinburgh. How long did manchester take to respond to your application? Rankings are such a confusing thing. Bath is considered No.3 in U.K. for Psychology, international rankings position it 275+. Really confusing.
Reply 2
I heard that domestic ranking are based on satisfaction of students. On the other hand, international rankings are based on research power, Nobel laureates, teaching and education.

They actually took about 2 weeks without an interview to respond (very fast). I applied to UoM mainly because of its research reputation.
(edited 9 years ago)
I study this course, it is awful.
Reply 4
Original post by JamesManc
I study this course, it is awful.

Could you explain the reasons?

Thanks !
You don't learn much. You have 8 hours of lectures per week, the teachers are awful. It doesn't increase your chances of being a psychologist. I rate in 1 out of 10 consistently in surveys but they never get published for some reason.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending