The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

worried about going to a prestigious uni

I have been offered a place to do nursing at kcl. I recieved mostly Bs at gcse and took both a levels and btec at sixth form. I believe in work hard play hard and i am always up for a laugh. I am really worried that if i go to kcl, i will be with people who did not get into oxbridge and will not be the sort of people that i have common interests with. Has anyone been in this position with a highly regarded uni and what advice would you give?
(edited 9 years ago)
King's isn't so prestigious that everyone there will be nerds and toffs. You will find many poeple of your type there. King's is highly diverse in all aspects really and your bound to find poeple with your level of GCSE and average grades at GCE A level e.g. BBB. You'll even find BTEC students there!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I think King's is actually for people who didn't get into UCL. :tongue:
Reply 3
Even if you ever go to Oxford or Cambridge, people are quite down to Earth and like the social aspect of life as well.
Original post by DanyaI
Even if you ever go to Oxford or Cambridge, people are quite down to Earth and like the social aspect of life as well.

I can vouch for this.

People are normal, just relax.
I'm basically the same! I got an offer for nursing at KCL and I live up north, got average grades and everything but I'm sure there will be plenty of other people in our position-no worries!
I am working class Essex, went to a crap state comp. spent my whole first year worrying I wouldn't fit in but my god it's so down to earth. I have heard many people describe kcl as the more approachable older sibling of lse and imperial, and it's very true. The people are lovely and definitely not elitist at all!!!!!! Esp nursing students, who are all absolutely lovely. I was having a discussion in a seminar the other day and none of us could think of a nursing student we didn't like :smile:
Reply 7
You will definitely find you bunch of friends. KCL is very diverse, you will meet all sort of ppl here, no worries! This is what I like a lot that you can mingle with various type of ppl here and everyone can find their own group where they are comfortable and happy. You will enjoy it here :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest