The Student Room Group

Studying medicine in Europe

Hello! I am currently studying Medicine in Riga, Latvia. I will be graduating this summer. Can anyone give me info on what the procedure is applying for work, etc when returning to the UK after studying in Europe? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by me28
Hello! I am currently studying Medicine in Riga, Latvia. I will be graduating this summer. Can anyone give me info on what the procedure is applying ey I know for work, etc when returning to the UK after studying in Europe? Thanks!

Hey if the university is recognised by the gmc and in the EEA you will need to apply for registration. I am studying in romania at the moment and when I graduate the agency I used to apply to university in europe will help me with the process of coming back. They said something like it woud be better to arrange an attachment back in the uk before beginning work.
Original post by maria-z
Hey if the university is recognised by the gmc and in the EEA you will need to apply for registration. I am studying in romania at the moment and when I graduate the agency I used to apply to university in europe will help me with the process of coming back. They said something like it woud be better to arrange an attachment back in the uk before beginning work.

Hi may i ask what agency you used?

Quick Reply