The Student Room Group

Studying Psychology; birmingham or durham?

i can't decide which uni to firm!
both offers are the same.
Moved to Psych related forum as per comparison guidelines. :smile:
Durham - nicer place to live (imo) and more prestigious
Original post by contradicta
Durham - nicer place to live (imo) and more prestigious

but my course is in the queen's campus in stockton, and i feel like it will be really boring and apparently full of "oxford and cambridge- rejects"
(just what i've heard)
Is the Durham course applied? If so I would go for Birmingham, the straight course is more prestigious, and I'm not sure if Durham's applied course is accredited.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Is the Durham course applied? If so I would go for Birmingham, the straight course is more prestigious, and I'm not sure if Durham's applied course is accredited.

both courses are accredited so my decision is really difficult
Original post by alixjenevizian
both courses are accredited so my decision is really difficult

Make a check list of the pros and cons of each university. Your choosing between really different cities and courses so

In terms of prestigiousness, neither university is better, since the durham applied course isn't as prestigous as the straight psychology course. Bimingham is also a very highly ranked univesity for psychology.

In terms of where you want to live, both Birmingham and Stockton will probably require you to commute to university for some distance. Stockton isn't a particularly interesting city to live in though, and it probably takes some time to take the bus to durham/newcastle. Birmingham would have a pretty good nightlife aswell.
Reply 7
Hey guys, may I know what grades you received in your Alevels and the type of offers both universities are asking for?
Original post by Glee
Hey guys, may I know what grades you received in your Alevels and the type of offers both universities are asking for?

okay erm i got AABC, dropped the C and i'm retaking the B.
both offers are AAB

Quick Reply

Latest