The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Make them watch 'How Clean Is Your House?'

I watched that this summer and became obsessive about keeping my house nice and clean. Before I just put the mess down to having no time, although I never would have said it was 'disgusting'.
Mind your own business, TBH. It's her room and she's entitled to keep it how she likes. My room is an absolute tip at the moment because I'm writing 2 essays, working on my dissertation and working part time and I wouldn't appreciate a comment from a friend. It's not like I don't know it's a mess. It is a bit gross that she gave you food there, but you didn't have to take it, or stay there. You could have suggested going to the cafeteria or something. I personally clean up if I know a friend is coming over, but if she doesn't, oh well? You can't change the way she is.
Either you're a neat and tidy person or you're not, IMO. I've tried and tried to be tidy all my life, and I just can't. I manage it when I don't have much else to do, but then I get snowed under with work and friends and it all goes out of the window. It makes it even worse that I can't eat in the kitchen (no table) so I have to eat in my room and get crumbs everywhere. It's annoying to have to hoover them up 3 times a day.
Reply 62
If she is a good friend, well then tell her - there might be more behind it than you think. Trust me she will not hate you for it.
Reply 63
you should get really drunk round there then leave all the bottles on the floor and make a mess,

casually a few hours later say so why don't we tidy up the mess we have made lol then it gets tidied at least
OK, first off, that room sounds kinda nasty. Messiness is one thing, but being unhygienic is different. I mean, I think it's kind of disrespectful to your guests - being unhygienic, I mean, and inviting them round. Also, it was kind of boring to have to read that huge debate between rooftop boy and Eblis - I'm not going to say that I think either of them had a point, but it would have been nice if they'd taken it to the PM. Thirdly, to the OP. I can see how it's a problem telling your mate. I guess you could try something along the lines of, "Hey, do you want some help cleaning up?"...then again, the envelope with the carbolic soap sounds like a good idea lol...

Latest

Trending

Trending