The Student Room Group

Wolverhampton University- Social Work

Hey everyone :smile:

I just wanted to gain a deep insight about BA Social Work course and I wnated to know if anyone recieved a comprehension test from Wolverhampton University for 18/3/15. If anyone knows what is expected for a social work interview at Wolverhampton University can you please let me know. Is there anything I can study for this comprehension test and the interview if yes please let me know ASAP.

Many thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I had comprhension test a few weeks ago- I was given an article to read and then had to answer three questions relating to the article. Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your response and yes it did help. I justed wanted to ask did u prepare for any questions you'd be asked. Did the university give you any information about what the test would be about?
Reply 3
How did you find the articles and questions?
Was your comprehension test at Wolverhampton university?
Reply 4
Yes my comprehension test was at Wolverhampton University, you can't really revise for it because each group will have a different article to read. For example my group were given an article taken from Community Care about fostering and adoption, and we had to answer three questions relating to the article. Another group from my college who had test last week were given a completely article to read. But all the answers you need will be from the article. You should be fine, just keep referring to the piece of writing for your answers. Good Luck.
Reply 5
By the way the University will not tell you what the article will be until just before the test. I have panel interview tomorrow and am dreading it.......
Reply 6
Ok thanks for your help. Good luck for your interview. Just be yourself and don't panic :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by karen2
By the way the University will not tell you what the article will be until just before the test. I have panel interview tomorrow and am dreading it.......

How was ur panel interview at Wolverhampton for social work?
Original post by karen2
Yes my comprehension test was at Wolverhampton University, you can't really revise for it because each group will have a different article to read. For example my group were given an article taken from Community Care about fostering and adoption, and we had to answer three questions relating to the article. Another group from my college who had test last week were given a completely article to read. But all the answers you need will be from the article. You should be fine, just keep referring to the piece of writing for your answers. Good Luck.

Does the tests for Wolverhampton just include this?
Or is there a formal numeracy test also
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Zara2210 - been offered place at Wolves. Where are you going?

Balo7078047 - No numeracy test, just the comprehension writing.
Reply 10
Original post by karen2
Zara2210 - been offered place at Wolves. Where are you going?

Balo7078047 - No numeracy test, just the comprehension writing.

Congratulations for getting a place at Wolverhampton.🎉
Got my comprehension test tomorrow at Wolverhampton.😀
Feel abit anxious just got to wait for tomorrow to find out what's going to happen.
Reply 11
Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine.
Reply 12
Original post by karen2
Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thank You😀
i just wanted to know how long was your comprehension test? Was it a whole days procedure or of a couple of hours because I have an mock exam in the afternoon and wanted to know because if it's a whole day I can arrange and alternative date for my exam.
Reply 13
Although they tell you to allow 4 hours on the day, the actual test itself is 1 hour. I guess they say to allow for 4 hours because of checking ID, ticking names off etc. Good luck.
Reply 14
Thanks for the help
Thank you. The comprehension test wasn't as bad as I thought in fact it was really good I enjoyed it. Just hoping for a positive feedback ASAP
Reply 15
Ah that's good, let me know when you hear, i'm sure it'll be good news. You'll probably know today or tomorrow.
Reply 16
Have you heard back yet zara2010
Reply 17
Hey Karen2
I've heard back from Wolverhampton the next day and I passed the comprehension test they have invited to to attend an interview. Hope the interview goes well
BTW thanks for asking. I appreciate that you asked and for your response
Reply 18
Hi Zara2210,

That's brilliant news well done! Just got to get the interview over now. When I had mine the other week it was before a panel of two. They asked me about myself why I wanted to do social work and something about diversity, (what it meant to me). Let me know how you get on. Good Luck.
Reply 19
Wat am I required to take along with me for the social work interview at Wolverhampton. Need to knw ASAP plz? Interview tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest