The Student Room Group

English HL Written Task 2 Outline helppp!

There is no criteria mentioned or the word limit mentioned for the outline to be written for the critical response. Is there a specific format or the same as a rationale? Are there any marks for the outline? Please help!
Reply 1
Hey!

Word Limit (Rationale): 300
Word Limit (Text): 1000

Yes, the Rationale is graded.

That's all I know :/

Best of luck,
Reply 2
I think the word limit may vary according to school. For mine, it was:

Rationale: 300
Essay: 1500

There is no specific outline for the rationale, and as far as I know the outlines aren't graded. Best of luck!
For the sake of accuracy, I must (politely) disagree with both Medukal and pdesco. How can the word limit vary according to each school?? It's set by the IB for a reason!

Written task 2s don't have a Rationale, they have an Outline. There is a difference. Rationales are for Written task 1s, and yes, they are 300 words max, but this is not the case for Written task 2s.

As far as the subject guide is involved, there are no word limits for the WT2's Outline. However, my teacher has said that examiners want the outline to be quite brief (perhaps even in bullet point), so definitely no more than half a page. Unlike the WT1's Rationale, there are no set structure. The outline only serves to set out the structure for your essay and summarise your key arguments/thesis. It does not, like the WT1's Rationale, have to state why you picked the question, what inspired you/what prompted your path of investigation.

Hope my answer clarified it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending