The Student Room Group

Kate Bush Society

Please let there be someone who appreciates Kate Bush.:biggrin:
I'll see if anyone responds until i talk about her. lol

Scroll to see replies

I'm not a big fan, I have only heard like 4 songs. I have Babooshka, Running up that Hill and Wuthering Heights. The first two are immense. Babooshka has an OMG bassline. And Running is just an amazing song.
Reply 2
Superenigmatix
I'm not a big fan, I have only heard like 4 songs. I have Babooshka, Running up that Hill and Wuthering Heights. The first two are immense. Babooshka has an OMG bassline. And Running is just an amazing song.

cloudbusting is genius, i reccommend that- its on the hounds of love album (with running). amazing song.:biggrin:
Reply 3
I'm gonna revive this old thread for the sake of the poetic legend Kate Bush.
She has the most effortless ease with her work; like it's all just natural.
I luv teh Bush.
Kate Bush is a Goddess; I am in perpetual awe. :smile:
Reply 5
YAY someone brought my thread back!
I love Kate Bush!!!:smile:
Kate Bush is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. Granted, I only have a best of, but if you look at my music collection as a whole she's a bit of a wild card.
Reply 7
Kate Bush is a fantastic artist. She is definitely one of the greatest female talents of the past 30 years. I agree with an earlier post, Cloudbusting is an amazing song.
Is there no Kate Bush Society, anyway? Blimey, I'd have thought it'd be one of the first ones created. Krechie, why don't you do it? You're the one who started this thread, after all. I'd definitely join!
Reply 9
yes i think i might indeed! What does everyone think of Ariel. I just got the tab book yesterday:smile:
I've only heard 'King of the Mountain' from that album, which I really enjoyed. I love the way she got her son, Bertie, to draw the sleeve for the single of it. Cool video for it, as well.

Krechie
yes i think i might indeed! What does everyone think of Ariel. I just got the tab book yesterday:smile:

Have you tried playing any of her songs before? Are they difficult to play?
Reply 11
man with a child in his eyes is quite easy to play, apart from a glide in the chorus which is quite hard to keep up with. Bertie is quite hard to play on guitar, you have to have a lot of patience!
Ariel is such a wonderful album. Hounds of love will always remain my favourite.

I requested a society!
I'd love to play some of her songs, trouble is I'm rubbish on the guitar! Suppose I'll just have to keep plugging away at it.

Hounds of Love is a gorgeous album, absolutely stunning. A Kick Inside brilliant, as well, some great stuff on there and it amazing to think she wrote some of the songs on there when she was just 13!!! Incredible; amazing
woman.

Great news about the society, I'd like to join that as soon as it's up and running.
Reply 13
:smile: Yeah the Kick inside is great, i also like Never for Ever, army dreamers is probably my favourite song on there. So nice:smile:
I will notify u when it is!
'Army Dreamers' is fantastic! Must be one of my favourite Kate Bush songs (along with a few others!) I love the video for that, as well, it's amazing, but then what doesn't she do stunningly well?! It makes me feel exceedingly jealous just thinking about it!
Reply 15
Shes my idol actually. Her and Bjork. I think her music is just so relaxing to listen to, its her voice:smile:
Just found this, Kate Bush on the joy of vegetables!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOo916s2jTI

Great! So she's now broadened my dietary options! Phew. So, the list now goes pop star, songwriter, actress, dancer, director, icon, sex goddess, dietitian.... And not that bad at any of them! :smile:
Krechie
Shes my idol actually. Her and Bjork. I think her music is just so relaxing to listen to, its her voice:smile:

Oh Lord! Time to start naming great female singer-songwriters....
Reply 18
I adore her work in the 80's. Her influence and utter genius in that period cannot be denied.

The rest of her work is rather 'meh' to me.
Reply 19
:biggrin:! i just learnt a song called Sunset on the Aerial album, on piano.
Love it.
Love that video as well!

Quick Reply

Latest