The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry Quantitative & Qualitative Practials

Basically I got my assessed practical soon.

I need help in these two. I think i am fine in combustion one. Okay my first problem is doing the titration, anyone got general tips with the titration. Second is the identification of four solutions. How exactly do we do this. Will it tell us what rtk do and then we use our observations to work out what we find or do we just do what we can by ourselves. Im so confused about these two bits.

Btw my exam board is OCR A. Does anyone have a good revision guide they could link? I'm so frustrated. :frown: :frown:
Reply 1
Thank you for your generalist questions, rather than the usual, "What are the answers?" threads we get here.

Re: titration. I'm sure you've done a load of them by now, so just do what you've always done. My best advice is to really take your time over using the pipette to measure our 25 cm3 (or whatever volume you'll use). This, to my mind, is the biggest source of variation between results. Remember, there is no time limit for quantitative (although the classroom will no doubt be needed after your lesson).

Re: qualitative. You'll get told exactly what to do, e.g. add 1 cm depth of solution A to a test tube, add solution B dropwise and note your observations. You may then be expected to work out what your results show.
Reply 2
I see. Thanks your a lifesaver. On the identification of the solutions it says the next bit is investigate reactions between solutions.

Care to elaborate what you think this will entail? Im cofused whether it is testing the unknown solutions or this is.something separate.
Reply 3
Hi has anyone done the first paper which is quanlatitive paper for chemistry ocr?
Reply 4
Bump.not asking for answers, just advice.
Reply 5
My advice is to stop panicking and just do what it says on the paper, on the day.
Reply 6
Has anyone done the quantitative (10 marks) on preparation of salts. I'm on a u and this is my last retake can someone plz tell me what comes up?

Quick Reply

Latest