The Student Room Group

Freaking out about exams

What is going on? i love my a-level subjects but for the last few months I have been flipping out about exams and results. If I find something hard I will get so worked up and find myself holding back tears. I am findining it harder and harder to work and to even be in lessons because the thought of exams absolutely terrifies me.
Last year I had a panic attack in two of my exams and I know it just makes things worse but i cannot control myself and it is really p***ing me off. How can I calm myself down? Even small end of unit tests send my into a frenzy now. Honestly, nothing scares me more than exams, which is obviously obsurd.
Help?!
You're not alone. Our teacher reminded us today that we only have 6 months :eek: until our final exams and we have the mocks right after the Christmas holidays.
ok 1stly ur too stressed about exams so u need to deal with it from the beginning

1, relax urself, everyday, squeeze out 10 - 20 mins to meditate, by that i mean just sit on ur bed, shut curtains, close doors, no distractions, and close ur eyes... just blank out everything in ur mind, this will help trust me. also dont fall asleep lol.

2, if u find it hard to revise or study, go library, it'll pratically 'force' u to work, works for me. but u have to be motivated to go library, not give out after a week.

3, also wat year are u in? or wat u at uni, if ur in year 13 like me, then just think about how good the summer will be when uve finished all ur exams and is going uni...

4, eat healthy food, drink water

5, wana know the secret? drink RED BULL! or RELENTLESS... those 2 drinks help u to concentrate and will wake u up lol. red bull u can get that in any corner shops, relentless is a new drink from coke came out in feb 2006... get it from asda or tescos.

good luck and get gd results
Reply 3
I do it quite a lot- everytime I find something hard I always think "OMG what if I fail my A Levels next year, they're not that far away." I had a word with my teachers. Can you go to the exam invigilator beforehand and say you might have an attack? You might get special consideration.
Reply 4
Anonymous
What is going on? i love my a-level subjects but for the last few months I have been flipping out about exams and results. If I find something hard I will get so worked up and find myself holding back tears. I am findining it harder and harder to work and to even be in lessons because the thought of exams absolutely terrifies me.
Last year I had a panic attack in two of my exams and I know it just makes things worse but i cannot control myself and it is really p***ing me off. How can I calm myself down? Even small end of unit tests send my into a frenzy now. Honestly, nothing scares me more than exams, which is obviously obsurd.
Help?!

dont worry it happens to many people , KELV makes some really valid and interesting points. You should also just pace yourself and plan and organise your time , this will make you more clearer about how far away your exams are and what you're going to study for that, it produces good results if you follow a timetable properly!
Reply 5
Thankyou everyone. I work a lot, but then I lose the plot a lot too. Am in year 13, yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending