The Student Room Group

Got a confirmed place at university for September 2015, what to do regards JSA? :)

Hi Everyone

I do hope that this is the right place to put this... I am just gonna give a little background to hope nobody flames me as I have said... JSA. -_- (only reason I put this is due to having been flamed for saying I claim JSA on this board in the past)

I was unable due to financial costs and family commitments continue my college course last year, so I took a year out to find a job, I had a job briefly but sadly lost it as they didn't need another person after a month....

I am still trying to find a job and am claiming JSA, am 21 years old, have Asperger's Syndrome and Anxiety and a few other health problems, JSA is the only benefit I am currently claiming. I also help my family to care for my youngest brother who has severe autism.

I took the plunge back in January and applied to do a foundation childcare degree in September 2015, luckily, it seems my near mental breakdown in trying and succeeding in getting straight distinctions at college paid off and was given a unconditional offer from the university. The question though is do I tell the Job Center now... or later? the whole thing is so confusing :confused:

anyway many thanks to anyone who can advise me :smile:
Reply 1
Well done on the unconditional offer. :thumbsup:

If you're still looking and available for work then you're still eligible to claim JSA until September.

You might be able to find something temporary.
Reply 2
Original post by Skyf4ll
Well done on the unconditional offer. :thumbsup:

If you're still looking and available for work then you're still eligible to claim JSA until September.

You might be able to find something temporary.

Ah thank you! :biggrin: I am hoping to :3 :3 :3 as long as it is something doable, I will be happy (by doable, I mean I won't have to have a driver's license :tongue:) thanks again for everything :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending