The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what do you mean by in your life :s and yeah i'm sure you can stay friends in some situtaions.
I dont think you can tbh
I think you can, but definitely not straight away. You need a time apart from each other before you can consider being friends.
Reply 4
greenisgo
I think you can, but definitely not straight away. You need a time apart from each other before you can consider being friends.

i think you might be right
Reply 5
A collegue of mine just recently broke up with her 6 year long relationship with her boyfriend and they're friends and didn't need time apart.

Definitely possible but not always as easy.
My bf broke up with me after nearly a year and for about a month we didn't talk much but now we r best friends and we help each other with relationship problems ect its great :biggrin:
Reply 7
Exs are evil
Exs are evil
Exs are evil
Exs are evil
Exs are evil
Exs are evil
Exs are evil
Exs are evil
Exs are evil
Exs are evil
Exs are evil
LLmao!
Reply 9
yes you can be friends with a x, example my x who i was seeing for ages 8 years ago we are really good fridays and i am engaged to his best mate been with him 7years lol :smile:
Reply 10
It's possible but it's never quite the same as when you've just been friends with someone rather than being with them, I still find with an ex from over 2 years ago there's still an awkwardness there and probably always will be.
Reply 11
I think you can be friends with an ex, however it depends why and how you broke up.
Reply 12
I'm not sure. Me and my ex planned to stay friends but now things are all bitter and horrible between us and we hardly ever talk. Maybe in the future we can be friends, I dunno, but at the moment it doesn't seem to be working out.
Reply 13
yeah, im really great friends with my ex.

actually we're still in love and stuff its just easier to not be together

so ignore me.
It is very hard to be friends with your ex, then again it depends on the reason behind the break up, the other problem is that your old feelings could return.
Oooh, I'll put my input in though I'm sure its not that great :]]

One of my exes I live with. Haha, weird or what? But he is gay, and we are the best of friends. Partly why we were in a relationship to start with. Because he was trying to be straight and thought I'd be best and I was just thinking 'Hey, my best friend! What a great person to fall in love with!' Things were harsh for a while, but now we're sorted and back to how we were before.

Then there is another I'm 'friends' with. I say 'friends' because it is hard. Because we still end up in the same place every so often, fooling about and then he decides that he should back off for whatever reason. Then I get over him and we are friends. Then we fool around again, and he backs off again. And I end up getting hurt once more. But you ever have those people you just want in your life because... they need to be there? Yeah.

But I think you can be friends with your ex, as long as there are no horrible feelings from either of you. No reason why you can't be. It is an adult thing to do :]]
Reply 16
Yes!

My closest friend was also my first boyfriend. We made friends about 2 years ago, started going out a few months after that, and broke up about a year ago... For about 6 months I couldn't be close friends with him, though we were still on good terms (we had the same friendship group, and we were friendly enough towards one another). But once I finally got over him properly, I was able to be really good friends with him, and it's always getting better :smile:
Reply 17
No

Not in my experience. One of you is always more hurt by the breakup than the other. And the other feels uncomfortable cos of that
Reply 18
Ditto.. not in my experience, but it depends on how and why you broke up I should think! x
Reply 19
out of all of my relationships, when its ended, ive wanted to and have kept friends with my ex's whats the point in hlding grudges etc, im not one for conflict, cant really be arsed with it unless its for a reason ie sticking up for friends when in need blah blah but stuff like arguin with ex's. i think if its ended, its ended, make friends and wish each other the best in life..

Latest

Trending

Trending