The Student Room Group

Should I have passed my test?

I passed my driving test with four minors however, I feel that I should not have passed.

There was one incident where I was driving up to traffic lights and needed to turn right. I was in the left lane and had to move to the right lane of the dual carriageway.

Looking in my rear-view mirror, there was a lorry and in the right-door mirror, the right lane was clear. I indicated right and started to move over to the right lane. While doing so, the lorry behind was also moving into the right lane and speeding up.

I was driving in-between two lanes (left and right) while the lorry was getting close to my car so I pressed the gas peddle to the floor causing the engine to rev heavily. When I got away from the lorry, I moved to the right lane.

Looking back in my rear-view mirror, the lorry moved back to the left lane. At the traffic lights, the lorry turned left.

I only got four minors which were

Appropriate speed

Gears

Lane discipline

Use of mirrors/Rear observation.

Would this incident be a test failure?

Also, after the examiner said I had passed, she asked whether it was okay to retain my provisional license to receive my full license in three weeks. I said 'yes' and she asked me to sign the declaration that the bottom of the DL25.

When I gave her my provisional license card + paper counterpart, she crushed my paper counterpart and scrunched it into a ball.

Is this normal considering they have to send both parts to the DVLA?
Reply 1
Not enough to fail on that, if you made the lorry slow or change direction it could have been a fail, the fact you sped up probably worked in your favour.

The examiners don't send the licences and counterpart back, they dispose of them, and just file their forms.

People on test, inveribly think an error is worse than it is, when in reality its nothing more than a minor annoyance, if at all annoying to other road users.

The examiners aren't looking for a perfect drive, just a safe competent drive, you wouldn't have passed if the examiner though you put yourself in a dangerous situation.

I'd file it in 'I passed, that's all that matters' don't try to critique your test, its already been done by someone a hundred times more experienced than you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending