The Student Room Group

Do men in the middle east respect women?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by al_94
That video was a good laugh, I seen it before anyway.

What is so funny about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Okorange
I wasn't talking about the middle east sorry. I thought the topic of this thread diverged.

It hasn't diverged.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arieisit
You do realise that we're talking about the middle east right? Men beat their wives in those countries and it is condoned under the law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no they don't.

That's like me saying EDL, UKIP etc exist as racists, so therefore the entirety of England is racist, wait or should I say Britain and/or Europe.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by inc0gnito
Ah I see, a change of username. A shame it doesn't raise your IQ by much.

Go on till the day of judgement if you wish, you're a racist. "Just by pure logic if those three.." you're saying if 3 out of over a hundered are corrupted it equates to 80% or so.

Can I please have a logical, civilised debate with someone else? Please. I cannot endure your lack of knowlwdge Mel, I slightly pity you too :frown:

There are a 100 countries in the Middle East?

Wow.

And change of username? Are you sure you are sober? Check the username that quoted you on your other post...

I said 80% as bad (i.e. those three are 100 on the scale and the fourth is 80 on that scale), has nothing to do with 80% of all countries are bad. Seriously, if I were you, I'd stop digging.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 44
That's not what I want to know. You tried to support your idea of middle eastern men showing no respect to women with your claims of growing up in Saudi etc. My statement is that those countries you mention are countries we don't see as our own because of the way they act and govern. The bottom line is, stop using one or two bad examples as a generalisation of how all Middle Eastern men are, you'll sound childish and no one will take you seriously.

Speak for yourself because lots of people have the same view as me. Especially on the western side of the world. The middle east hast created a bad name for itself. 3 examples of separate countries is enough to start seeing a pattern. It's also easy to guess where it all stems from but that matter is for another thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
no they don't.

That's like me saying EDL, UKIP etc exist as racists, so therefore the entirety of England is racist, wait or should I say Britain and/or Europe.

It's not the same because those are just political parties not entire countires.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 46
I'm not a feminist or anything but I believe that everyone should be treated equally.

I'm pretty sure that makes you a feminist haha. That's what the entire feminist movement is about:smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Dalek1099
They had to to support their families, it was the expectation of men to provide for their families and work in the mines or factory.I love how you say it was just for 2-10 years when lots of men lost their lives young men who if they were women would have lived long lives.

No, I also said its better to be dead than live a life of oppresion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not the same because those are just political parties not entire countires.

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to your ideology they are. Hmm let's see, a man comes on a talk show, clearly mysoginistic. Next an uneducated child makes a thread on a forum that goes somewhere along the lines "Middle Eastern MEN don't respect women". Now where have I seen this before...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DunderMifflin11
There is no "Women's Day". STFU, you'd be complaining if men had a "Men's day" and Women didn't.

Men do have a day. I believe it's nearer the end of the year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SarcasticMel
There are a 100 countries in the Middle East?

Wow.

And change of username? Are you sure you are sober? Check the username that quoted you on your other post...

ps oh and confirmed you have no intelligence. I said 80% as bad (i.e. those three are 100 on the scale and the fourth is 80 on that scale), has nothing to do with 80% of all countries are bad. Seriously, if I were you, I'd stop digging. Making yourself look more and more ridiculous.

I said over 100, but do me the honour of continuing your list, I'd be thrilled to hear more. Oh and your sources please, state them too so I can see where the idiocy stems..
(edited 9 years ago)
I said over 100, but do me the honour of continuing your list, I'd be thrilled to hear more. Oh and your sources please, state them too so I can see where the idiocy stems. The middle east doesn't need to make a so called bad name for itself, remember, you need us more than we need you.

My point was there are way less than a 100, so you saying over a 100 makes even worse. If that is possible at all...

My god. You don't stop do you? Are you like 10 by any chance? That might explain it.

And you can't even quote the right people, I wasn't the one who said the M.E. is making a bad name for itself.

And you are wrong anyway. We need you more than you need us? We don't give a **** about your oil, and what else do you guys have? loooooooool
My point was there are way less than a 100, so you saying over a 100 makes even worse. If that is possible at all...

My god. You don't stop do you? Are you like 10 by any chance? That might explain it.

And you can't even quote the right people, I wasn't the one who said the M.E. is making a bad name for itself.

And you are wrong anyway. We need you more than you need us? We don't give a **** about your oil, and what else do you guys have? loooooooool

You literally suggested continuing your little list with a fourth and so on, I'm not even putting words in anyone's mouth here.

The bottom line is that you and OP are entirely generalising with lack of knowledge.

"We don't need your oil" I'm sure america and your little government has other things to say.
Original post by Meyrin
You'll get a "Men's Day" when your gender has been beaten, raped, trodden on and treated as material commodities with no rights rather than actual people for thousands of years, and have only just begun receiving fair treatment in the last fify.

Are you saying that men can't be raped? Are you retarded? Oh, of course, women are incapable of raping a man - not. You're just contradicting yourself, we don't have all the rights we want; where is out "Men's day"? I thought Feminism was about equality, not making women more important than men. Feminism is the worst thing that happened to this word and will continue to be; you just want more power than men, which contradicts the whole feminist ideas...
Reply 54
Original post by swiggs98
I'm pretty sure that makes you a feminist haha. That's what the entire feminist movement is about:smile:

Don't be naive and think that's all that feminists stand for. Let's not delve there. I am not a feminist. End of.
Reply 55
You literally suggested continuing your little list with a fourth and so on, I'm not even putting words in anyone's mouth here.

The bottom line is that you and OP are entirely generalising with lack of knowledge.

"We don't need your oil" I'm sure america and your little government has other things to say.

I am not American and just because America likes cheap oil doesn't mean it needs it or even yours in particular.

I did. But you totally didn't understand the 80% nor did you even acknowledge that someone else said that part about M.E. giving itself a bad name.

You can't even admit when you are wrong. That is just sad.
Meh. I'm Middle Eastern(Lebanese) and I've lived/spent a lot of time there. I don't think your statement is really accurate or fair. From my own experiences and from the males in my family, the men mostly respect women. But then again there have been certain moments in Lebanon where I've experienced harassment from men on the street, but i guess that's an issue not specific to the ME alone
I am not American and just because America likes cheap oil doesn't mean it needs it or even yours in particular.

I did. But you totally didn't understand the 80% nor did you even acknowledge that someone else said that part about M.E. giving itself a bad name.

You can't even admit when you are wrong. That is just sad.

Maybe because I choose not to waste time over little diversions and mistakes caused by my system UI, client and element mapping on my platform. I prefer to stay on topic. I'm sorry what was your fourth country again?
Reply 59
According to your ideology they are. Hmm let's see, a man comes on a talk show, clearly mysoginistic. Next an uneducated child makes a thread on a forum that goes somewhere along the lines "Middle Eastern MEN don't respect women". Now where have I seen this before...

My ideology? Please tell me what it is. I love when people have nothing else to argue and they resort to ad hominen, it's a clear sign of losing an argument. You have no knowledge of my educational background nor my age, yet you attack. Funny.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending