The Student Room Group

Choosing a levels help!

For a levels I want to do, English lit, history, politics and psychology.
I don't know If I can handle all for example I love history GCSE but I know the jump from GCSE to A level is very big so I'm not sure if it is smart to have 4 written subjects :frown:
I don't know if I made sense but I just want advice from people who've taken these a levels to let me know if they are as hard as they're being made out to be :frown:

Thank youuuu
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Ts99
For a levels I want to do, English lit, history, politics and psychology.
I don't know If I can handle all for example I love history GCSE but I know the jump from GCSE to A level is very big so I'm not sure if it is smart to have 4 written subjects :frown:
I don't know if I made sense but I just want advice from people who've taken these a levels to let me know if they are as hard as they're being made out to be :frown:

Thank youuuu

Hi,

I did history AS level (dropped it at A2, but got a B overall in it!) It is a jump from GCSE, there are a lot more dates to remember and the content is also much more intense. You also have to be pretty good at essays (but if you're not, you will develop those doing history A level). Just work very hard and do loads of essays and spend time going over content and you'll be fine. I can't speak for the other subjects though.

It is no doubt that history is a hard subject, but if you're passionate about it you will probably do well if you work VERY hard as well. I can't speak for A2 history either but I know that the essays are much harder at A2, but A-levels will help you develop your skills needed for your subjects if you put the time in.

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest